X3430 Xeon pc build

so im getting a pc build together, I got the CPU, ram and motherboard for 52.50, but the motherboard was not confirmed to be working so i was wondering what motherboards would work with the cpu?

28 minutes ago, Lowbuget said:

so im getting a pc build together, I got the CPU, ram and motherboard for 52.50, but the motherboard was not confirmed to be working so i was wondering what motherboards would work with the cpu?

My memory is that was the trick with the x series stuff in general.   There just weren’t a lot of consumer boards. Lots more CPUs than there were boards to put them in. The gpu could be even harder though. You’re going to want a video card as well, and those have become a problem. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

My memory is that was the trick with the x series stuff in general.   There just weren’t a lot of consumer boards. Lots more CPUs than there were boards to put them in. The gpu could be even harder though. You’re going to want a video card as well, and those have become a problem. 

my dad has a rx 560 laying around,he has a dead r9 390 i could try baking back to life since its dead already also,thats why im only worried about the motherboard in general.

Chip was lynnfield lga1156. Maybe socket H or H1? Not sure.  Wasn’t very high ghz by modern standards.  Lots of cache though.

heres a list of theoretically compatible motherboards.  Longer than I thought it would be.  Many may be rare or unobtainium though.  My memory was that 1156 motherboards tended to die a bit more than some others.

https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Xeon/X3430_motherboards.html

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.