Hackintosh?

Go to solution Solved by WyzeGye,

Nobody in this thread has any idea what they're talking about. See my thread in this section for more information.

My pc is a 2014 custom build (Specs right below) but I am confused with some things. I have Windows installed right now but I am looking to install MAC OS X. I have an AMD CPU so I am not sure if that is possible. ALso can I install MAC on Windows or do I have to install MAC and later install Windows again? Do I have to own a MAC to do this? I will get an SSD next month, should I wait and install the OS on a different drive than windows? SInce I am at the Windows moment:Can I move WIndows from my HDD to an SSD? Thanks for the responses!

Specs:

CPU:AMD FX-4130

MOBO;Gigabyte 990 fxa UD3 (Rev.4)

GPU:MSI Geforce GTX 770 (Planning to OC)

RAM:8 GB (2x4) 1600 MHz Goodram

HDD:1 TB of Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

CASE:Zalman z11 plus

PSU:BeQuiet! 600 Watt non-modular.

You can't Hackintosh, simply because OS X does not support AMD CPUs.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

There is support now but it is really hard to get everything working.

But even with a custom kernel, there are huge issues with OS X on an AMD CPU what with all the bugs and such.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

My pc is a 2014 custom build (Specs right below) but I am confused with some things. I have Windows installed right now but I am looking to install MAC OS X. I have an AMD CPU so I am not sure if that is possible. ALso can I install MAC on Windows or do I have to install MAC and later install Windows again? Do I have to own a MAC to do this? I will get an SSD next month, should I wait and install the OS on a different drive than windows? SInce I am at the Windows moment:Can I move WIndows from my HDD to an SSD? Thanks for the responses!

Specs:

Dont use amd use intel for a hackintosh, or you will me hell in its face. 

You can't make it a hackintosh with an AMD cpu. You might want to try running a virtual machine with OS X inside Windows though, although I don't see the point of doing so.

It is possible, but it will be buggy, to a point where it is almost unusable. The installation is a pain in the butt, especially if you never did a hackintosh before.

Also, I doubt that OSX will run in a VM.

If you try doing a hackintosh, consider switching to Intel, preferably with a Gigabyte motherboard.Those cause less trouble in OSX than the other manufacturers boards.

Your graphics will work fine in OSX, so no worries about that.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Specs:

So just formally for your question, It should be possible to run Hackintosh (OS X) on your machine.

Now the huge BUT, I would not consider you to run Hackintosh on AMD! There are simply too many lags, bugs, issues and lot more that you will need to fix. If you aren't familiar with Hackintosh Systems and it is your first Hackintosh build (what I assume) DONT DO IT!

Only thing to consider you, if you want a Hackintosh, Change your MoBo and CPU and try it then (Intel CPU of course)!!!

Hope it helped you out a bit

Greets

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7

You can do a Hackintosh a lot easier if you sell your AMD parts and buy an i3 or i5. 

I already built this PC and I was hoping to try Mac.

You can do a Hackintosh a lot easier if you sell your AMD parts and buy an i3 or i5. 

I cannot sell my CPU, maybe in the states you guys do that but NOT in Poland.

Thanks everyone!

Nobody in this thread has any idea what they're talking about. See my thread in this section for more information.

Not true, some people here have built hackintoshs. Even I am going to.

Not true, some people here have built hackintoshs. Even I am going to

To be fair, you're not one of the people telling this thread creator that OS X is impossible for AMD. 

So just formally for your question, It should be possible to run Hackintosh (OS X) on your machine.

Now the huge BUT, I would not consider you to run Hackintosh on AMD! There are simply too many lags, bugs, issues and lot more that you will need to fix. If you aren't familiar with Hackintosh Systems and it is your first Hackintosh build (what I assume) DONT DO IT!

Only thing to consider you, if you want a Hackintosh, Change your MoBo and CPU and try it then (Intel CPU of course)!!!

Hope it helped you out a bit

Greets

Are you retarded? Did you not see the post above your own of mine?

Seriously people, educate yourselves before you give off misinformation. The hardest part about my hackintosh was making HDMI audio work... and that was because I overlooked a boot flag.

And yes, it was MY FIRST hackintosh attempt.

Tired of hearing people say you can't install OS X on AMD hardware. Educate yourself.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138853-just-got-myself-into-a-fully-working-hackintosh-amd-no-less/

To be fair, you're not one of the people telling this thread creator that OS X is impossible for AMD. 

Its not impossible. Its not worth all the custom drivers you'll have to find since they have so many working drivers for Intel cpus. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138853-just-got-myself-into-a-fully-working-hackintosh-amd-no-less/

Read this and shut up.

Its not impossible. Its not worth all the custom drivers you'll have to find since they have so many working drivers for Intel cpus. 

Tired of hearing people say you can't install OS X on AMD hardware. Educate yourself.

Never claimed to be an expert. Though it's pretty obvious I know more than everybody else that's piped up about it.

At least i'm not spouting misinformation.

It's possible to run a Macintosh in your system, but it hurt your butt a lot!! :P

you'll face so many bugs, modify kernels like that, install custom Kexts and more!!!  :D

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

It's possible to run a Macintosh in your system, but it hurt your butt a lot!! :P

you'll face so many bugs, modify kernels like that, install custom Kexts and more!!!  :D

... no, given his setup if he follows the instructions in my thread he'll have a fully operational system in less than an hour.

Are you retarded? Did you not see the post above your own of mine?

Seriously people, educate yourselves before you give off misinformation. The hardest part about my hackintosh was making HDMI audio work... and that was because I overlooked a boot flag.

And yes, it was MY FIRST hackintosh attempt.

Sorry I don't agree with you! 

Only If you would read my comment correctly you would see, that I SAID it should be possible!!!!

And believe me, there are a lot of problem that you can front! 

And if you would read you throw some forums, you can easily tell, that there are more problems with AMD Hackintoshs!

And if you don't agree with me, thats okey, but there is no reason to insult anyone here!!!

Sorry I don't agree with you! 

Only If you would read my comment correctly you would see, that I SAID it should be possible!!!!

And believe me, there are a lot of problem that you can front! 

And if you would read you throw some forums, you can easily tell, that there are more problems with AMD Hackintoshs!

And if you don't agree with me, thats okey, but there is no reason to insult anyone here!!!

There are simply too many lags, bugs, issues and lot more that you will need to fix. If you aren't familiar with Hackintosh Systems and it is your first Hackintosh build (what I assume)DONT DO IT!

This is the part I had a problem with.

He has basically the exact same build as me. Different CPU and motherboard, but same chipset and CPU series.  If you haven't done it, keep the comments to yourself. I HAVE HAD ZERO ISSUES WITH IT. Give me something to try to break it. I'm okay with taking the chance of breaking it to prove ignoramuses such as yourself wrong. 

I'm telling him it's possible and painless, you're telling him to not bother unless he spends 400 bucks on new hardware. Whos more helpful here?

I haven't had an issue running a single program i've tried. Times are changing, seems as though you're just mad your Intel club doesn't have a leg up on hackintosh anymore... 

He has basically the exact same build as me. Different CPU and motherboard, but same chipset and CPU series.  If you haven't done it, keep the comments to yourself. I HAVE HAD ZERO ISSUES WITH IT. Give me something to try to break it. I'm okay with taking the chance of breaking it to prove ignoramuses such as yourself wrong. 

I'm telling him it's possible and painless, you're telling him to not bother unless he spends 400 bucks on new hardware. Whos more helpful here?

I haven't had an issue running a single program i've tried. Times are changing, seems as though you're just mad your Intel club doesn't have a leg up on hackintosh anymore... 

The biggest issue in your post: Mine works, now every other works. 

What I think is important to understand, Is that building a well working Hackintosh with PowerManagement and all this stuff is not so easy, whether you choose AMD or Intel. 

And yes, for simplicity I would consider to go with an Intel one! 

The biggest issue in your post: Mine works, now every other works. 

I'm not saying that at all, i'm saying that FX cpus and 900 series chipsets work with no tinkering beyond typing amdfx into the boot options to get into the installer. OP happens to have both. And the only thing more complicated about this particular setup over an intel setup is literally typing those 5 letters.