Ps5 disc tray

Fzone

Hello. So i had problems with my disc drive beforw where disc would go in rly slow but nvm that i managed to solve it. Now for the 2months ps5 took discs in normally, but now when i start to put disc at the lower end of disc tray it seems like disc stops for half second before going back to its normal speed, however if i put disc directly in the middle of the disc tray there is no stopping like on the lower end. Now i think its some goddamn nonsense thats causing it but cant figure out what. If you guys have any ideas pls help. Ps5 is vertical.

36 minutes ago, Fzone said:

Hello. So i had problems with my disc drive beforw where disc would go in rly slow but nvm that i managed to solve it. Now for the 2months ps5 took discs in normally, but now when i start to put disc at the lower end of disc tray it seems like disc stops for half second before going back to its normal speed, however if i put disc directly in the middle of the disc tray there is no stopping like on the lower end. Now i think its some goddamn nonsense thats causing it but cant figure out what. If you guys have any ideas pls help. Ps5 is vertical.

Cd drives are made of plastic and have a lot of gears and cogs and stuff.  They tend to wear quickly and damage easily.  They use a really heavy grease which can pick up junk.  They also tend to have a lot of springs which are often very cheaply made and can wear.  They’re pretty protected though.  My first thought is something or other got in the mechanism. If this was a PC I’d say pull the thing and look.  It’s not though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Cd drives are made of plastic and have a lot of gears and cogs and stuff.  They tend to wear quickly and damage easily.  They use a really heavy grease which can pick up junk.  They also tend to have a lot of springs which are often very cheaply made and can wear.  They’re pretty protected though.  My first thought is something or other got in the mechanism. If this was a PC I’d say pull the thing and look.  It’s not though.

Forgot to note after ps5 works for some time there is no problem anymore mostly when i start it up

Just now, Fzone said:

Forgot to note after ps5 works for some time there is no problem anymore mostly when i start it up

Cold grease?  I dunno. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Cold grease?  I dunno. 

I dunno aswell... It would be much easier if someone experience this kind of stuff and sharted it on reddit, toms hardware erc but there is nothing..

Right now its working fine will have to check tomorrow again.

2 hours ago, Fzone said:

I dunno aswell... It would be much easier if someone experience this kind of stuff and sharted it on reddit, toms hardware erc but there is nothing..

For that you’ll need the make and model of the cd drive.  I understand there is often more than one. Console model dependent though. A person familiar with such will know more.