Display port - resolution confusion......

dan_the_dude

Can someone please help me out!

this might seem like a bit of a stupid question.

We have a work system that is using on-board UHD630 graphics and DP1.2 the max supported resolution is 4096x2160@60Hz, however it will support up to 3 monitors. I was hoping to run 2x 24"'s @ 1080 and 1x 27" @ 1440.

so, just sense check really, i take it the max resolution is per monitor not total of the 3 combined?

55 minutes ago, dan_the_dude said:

We have a work system that is using on-board UHD630 graphics and DP1.2 the max supported resolution is 4096x2160@60Hz, however it will support up to 3 monitors. I was hoping to run 2x 24"'s @ 1080 and 1x 27" @ 1440.

so, just sense check really, i take it the max resolution is per monitor not total of the 3 combined?

Im not 100% sure about this, so i would wait and see if anyone else that got more knowledge to this answers. 

But, id say its up to 4096x2160 for EACH display output, but then again, its an onboard GPU so you most likely only got 1 display port on the motherboard. 

How would you connect 3 different displays to it? A Splitter?

On 12/2/2021 at 10:52 AM, dan_the_dude said:

Can someone please help me out!

this might seem like a bit of a stupid question.

Id be interested to find this out myself. Does anyone know the answer?

On 12/2/2021 at 11:50 AM, DankDeuxez said:

Im not 100% sure about this, so i would wait and see if anyone else that got more knowledge to this answers. 

But, id say its up to 4096x2160 for EACH display output, but then again, its an onboard GPU so you most likely only got 1 display port on the motherboard. 

How would you connect 3 different displays to it? A Splitter?

2 DP ports and I'd daisy chain the 27 into one of the 24s