Ethernet won't work

lilMusk

I’ve tried connecting the cable to a windows 11 pc and windows 10 laptop, I’ve checked the continuity of the cable, both the cable alone, and from socket so router, I’ve tried multiple cables, I’ve tried cleaning the sockets in both the computer and the wall, I’ve tried the duplex changing thing, and I’ve reset the router multiple times. The internet works on other computers connected either directly to the router, or other sockets, despite the fact that there is continuity between the wall socket and the router, both computers I’ve tested say that the Ethernet cable is unplugged. Also the issue began after a countrywide internet outage for my network provider, I don’t know if that’s relevant, but I thought I’d mention it anyways. I also tried connecting it directly into the router, which also doesn’t work.

Also the internet works if I connect the laptop directly to the router outside of my room, it doesn't if it's in my room.

Also sorry if this is a known issue, but I don't really know what to search to find it.

21 minutes ago, lilMusk said:

Also the internet works if I connect the laptop directly to the router outside of my room, it doesn't if it's in my room.

It sounds like something could be wrong with the wiring between the router and the socket on the wall if nothing get's internet off it in your room but the port works connecting directly to the router port with a laptop.

How often to you connect/disconnect cables from this port? Worn out perhaps? What style is it. Sometimes a wire can come lose inside the keystone if it's not properly punched down.

Until today I've connected to the wall socket once, and from the computer maybe 6 connects/disconnects. I've also connected the pc and the laptop with a long cable directly from the router, and as long as they were in my room, it didn't want to connect. Also I'm not sure what the style is, but if it means what I assume it does, then one of the cables I tested is handmade, and two other are store bought.

Also I've checked the continuity of both cables, and between the wall socket, and the cable that plugs into the router, and there is continuity.