GPU Not detected

Malicus7862
Go to solution Solved by Tabiashi Yoshita,
7 minutes ago, Malicus7862 said:

Hey, I'm pretty new to the world of pc gaming so go a little easy on me, I just built my first pc yesterday and everything else works great but weirdly in the bios it did not detect the gpu, I took it out and reseated it and it still hasn't shown up. It's still really fresh, I've installed windows and the drivers for my motherboard and I've tried installing the drivers for my gpu but it says it can't because there's 'no hardware detected'. I'm not sure if I have missed some drivers that I need to install or what exactly but I could definitely use some help from some more experienced users here! If it helps I have a Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Elite AX Motherboard and a Gigabyte GTX 1060 gpu (a little old I know but that's all I could get my hands on for an affordable price at the time lol)  Hopefully this isn't a big issue and then I can finally start gaming!

Have you tried putting it in the other slot on the motherboard? btw a GTX 1060 should preform well on 1080p games so its not a bad graphics card! You should keep it.

Hey, I'm pretty new to the world of pc gaming so go a little easy on me, I just built my first pc yesterday and everything else works great but weirdly in the bios it did not detect the gpu, I took it out and reseated it and it still hasn't shown up. It's still really fresh, I've installed windows and the drivers for my motherboard and I've tried installing the drivers for my gpu but it says it can't because there's 'no hardware detected'. I'm not sure if I have missed some drivers that I need to install or what exactly but I could definitely use some help from some more experienced users here! If it helps I have a Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Elite AX Motherboard and a Gigabyte GTX 1060 gpu (a little old I know but that's all I could get my hands on for an affordable price at the time lol)  Hopefully this isn't a big issue and then I can finally start gaming!

A few questions for you.

Do you have the gpu in the correct port on the motherboard? The top most pci-e x16 port

Do you have the power lead connected to it? It requires a pci-e power connector from your psu.

Also what are you using atm for a display? Cpu? A port at the back of the motherboard? Because your display cable should be plugged into the graphics card, not the motherboard

7 minutes ago, Malicus7862 said:

Have you tried putting it in the other slot on the motherboard? btw a GTX 1060 should preform well on 1080p games so its not a bad graphics card! You should keep it.

It is in the top PCIe 16x slot and the power lead is connected, I've been using my motherboard display so it's only running off of intel UHD for the last little bit, I haven't tried putting it in a different slot but I can give it a shot. For my display I'm just using an acer 1080p monitor with an hdmi cable, for the motherboard it is plugged into a display port adapter because the motherboard only has DP. I haven't tried plugging it into the gpu since booting up the system for the first time because there wasn't an output, it does work though we tested it on a different computer

I would plug your cable into your gpu to start with.

I would try to clear you cmos. then and restart your pc with your monitor in your graphics card port.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

5 hours ago, SignatureSigner said:

I would plug your cable into your gpu to start with.

I would try to clear you cmos. then and restart your pc with your monitor in your graphics card port.

How do I clear the cmos? I'm not very bios fluent, also I have tried plugging the cable into the gpu and it just says no signal, I haven't tried putting it in a different pcie slot yet or anything else at the moment, I've been a little busy today 

Plugging into my other pcie slot did actually solve it, I had to try it a couple of different times because I still didn't get output but it's finally working, and I'm now enjoying some gaming! I'll try to narrow down even more what was going on so hopefully I can get it back in that 16x slot, thank you all so much for your help!

i just bought a EVGA GTX 980 from ebay and today when i tried to put it in my pc, there was video, but there was lines all over it and it would randomly crash. i tried installing the latest nvidia drivers and when i opened the they said 'an nvidia graphics card was not detected in your system'. i uninstalled the amd drivers from my integrated graphics already. i dont know what do to. i dont know if i got a bad or dying gpu or if its my OS or the drivers or my BIOS. please help. im running windows 11 with the insider program and my specs are Ryzen 3 3200g, MSI B450 A PRO MAX, 16gb 3200mhz corsair vengeance rgb pro ram, samsung 870 500gb sata ssd and an aresgame 850w psu

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 1:33 AM, Malicus7862 said:

Plugging into my other pcie slot did actually solve it, I had to try it a couple of different times because I still didn't get output but it's finally working, and I'm now enjoying some gaming! I'll try to narrow down even more what was going on so hopefully I can get it back in that 16x slot, thank you all so much for your help!

I am having the same exact issue with my 3070. If you manage to find the solution could you share?

On 12/22/2021 at 4:14 PM, TenderestRook7 said:

It's plugged in but you're not getting a display?