Best cooler for Omen 30l with 3080ti

Joe Smok

Hi there!

I have purchased a omen 30l with a 11700k and 3080 ti, and I believe that it comes with a terrible air cooler, what can I buy to upgrade the cpu and case fans? 
Is a 120 rad better than a NH-U9S?

I planned to replace the exhaust fan with a nfa12x25 chromax fan, I thought that would bring down the overall temps of both the gpu and cpu.

Welcome to the forums!

What board does it use, is it a HP OEM board (probably blue or green) or a normal off the shelf board from Asus, MSI ETC?

If it's HP OEM it probably won't use standard mounting holes and won't be upgradable when it comes to coolers.

What are load temps?

A 120mm AIO is generally better than a NH-U9S.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!

What board does it use, is it a HP OEM board (probably blue or green) or a normal off the shelf board from Asus, MSI ETC?

If it's HP OEM it probably won't use standard mounting holes and won't be upgradable when it comes to coolers.

Standard lga mount, as I’ve been told, but would replacing the exhaust fan help gpu temps? It is a full atx board z490 chipset

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are load temps?

A 120mm AIO is generally better than a NH-U9S.

Btw the aio is cooler master but hp branded, and it gets 75 degrees under load, per online reviews cause I wanted to know if I could order anything before it gets here

4 minutes ago, Joe Smok said:

Standard lga mount, as I’ve been told, but would replacing the exhaust fan help gpu temps? It is a full atx board z490 chipset

LGA mount is great, I'd recommend an Arctic Freezer (II or III depending on the compatible size for the case)

11 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

LGA mount is great, I'd recommend an Arctic Freezer (II or III depending on the compatible size for the case)

What’s the difference? And my case will only fit a 120 is that fine?

14 hours ago, Joe Smok said:

Btw the aio is cooler master but hp branded, and it gets 75 degrees under load, per online reviews cause I wanted to know if I could order anything before it gets here

75c under load is good. What are you aiming to improve? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

75c under load is good. What are you aiming to improve? 

Sorry 85c

12 minutes ago, Joe Smok said:

Sorry 85c

85c isn't low but still fine for peak temps. What load are you using? Is the cooler too noisy or are you planning to oc? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 4:14 PM, WoodenMarker said:

85c isn't low but still fine for peak temps. What load are you using? Is the cooler too noisy or are you planning to oc? 

I’d love to oc and just have some headroom in general, and I hate cpu thermal throttling 

Just now, Joe Smok said:

I’d love to oc and just have some headroom in general

What motherboard and settings are you usingf? If it's an oem hp board, it might not have much headroom for oc if at all. 

If it's left at factory settings, that may also be running with raised voltage and power draw settings with higher temps than stock speeds.