New build for Ubuntu + mysql Server

loepa
Go to solution Solved by Createinator,

Thanks for the reply.

Since this is a small business I'm actually trying to save as much money as possible (thus making me kinda stay away from complete server hardware from vendor).

I understand, but making the server work reliably must be your priority. Servers by Dell, HP, Lenovo and IBM have all their specifications listed on their respective websites and it can be a good starting point for you to build your own server.

Good Luck! :)

I need help for this comming project

in which im planning to use ubuntu and mysql server to store a lot of data

which for a start its expected to have 2000+ row of data of client information and there's still a lot more of other kind of data.

So Let's say i have a cap of 1100$

(no need for SSD as OS drive)

The server gonna be online 24/7 (obviously). Monitored about 10 hours a day so im expecting the build to be as reliable as possible with the budget (won't be expossing my server to outter world only for internal use and several remote user).

For now the expected amount of user is about 10+ user (people that access and uses the database).

I have no idea what kind of spec should i get and amount of data space.

atm im thinking of getting some I5 and 16gb of ram

any help would be appriceated. *im not sure where to ask this question actually*

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

I will suggest you to go through the following website for full details of Ubuntu Certified Hardware. You can get a good idea about what you will need in your server for reliability and future expandability.

Hope it helps! :)

I will suggest you to go through the following website for full details of Ubuntu Certified Hardware. You can get a good idea about what you will need in your server for reliability and future expandability.

Hope it helps! :)

Thanks for the reply.

Since this is a small business I'm actually trying to save as much money as possible (thus making me kinda stay away from complete server hardware from vendor).

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Thanks for the reply.

I understand, but making the server work reliably must be your priority. Servers by Dell, HP, Lenovo and IBM have all their specifications listed on their respective websites and it can be a good starting point for you to build your own server.

Good Luck! :)