I need help to validate my choice of parts

ZeLoD

Budget (including currency): 1200$

Other details: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P8fjPV

(I already have the GPU from my previous pc)

Hi Guys,
It's been a good number of years since I built my last rig. I selected the parts on the pcpartpicker and would like to get help to validate my choice of components.
Thanks in advance!

9 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Your system would work, but there are a number of places that you could save money and get faster stuff

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yH6d4d

this system is $200 cheaper and will outperform what you picked thanks to the faster memory.

Thanks for the answer! I would rather stick with the cooler and the motherboard for overclocking possibilities and upgradability (PCI gen 4.0). My main concern was compatibility. Out of curiosity. Did you recommend the other motherboard to spare some money or is there any issue with Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI)?

3 minutes ago, ZeLoD said:

Thanks for the answer! I would rather stick with the cooler and the motherboard for overclocking possibilities and upgradability (PCI gen 4.0). My main concern was compatibility. Out of curiosity. Did you recommend the other motherboard to spare some money or is there any issue with Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI)?

I have a friend who had complaints of coil whine with that motherboard, sold it and got a strix b550-e. But in my opinion it was just fine, there was definitely some cw but hardly noticeable. Other than that tuf x570-pro looks good and performs well

10 minutes ago, ZeLoD said:

Both motherboards can overclock, and the cooler is quite good, cant recall how much overclocking headroom u will have

10 minutes ago, ZeLoD said:

This cooler performs about as well as that be quiet one, and the reason I chose that motherboard was half to save money, and half because it has better quality VRMs, so if you are gonna overclock, it's a better board to do that with. Also B550 boards still have PCIe Gen 4, and unless you're gonna go crazy with expansion cards it's about as much as most people need. 

3 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

This cooler performs about as well as that be quiet one, and the reason I chose that motherboard was half to save money, and half because it has better quality VRMs, so if you are gonna overclock, it's a better board to do that with. Also B550 boards still have PCIe Gen 4, and unless you're gonna go crazy with expansion cards it's about as much as most people need. 

Thanks for the help again I checked the info with the x570 and the VRMs are really not the best. My new question is would a 
Asus ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING do the trick? the F one misis the headers for the front panel type-C.

2 minutes ago, ZeLoD said:

Thanks for the help again I checked the info with the x570 and the VRMs are really not the best. My new question is would a 
Asus ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING do the trick? the F one misis the headers for the front panel type-C.

It would, but remember that's a very high end board. You'd probably be better off going with the MSI B550 Tomahawk and buying a wifi adapter if you care about the front panel Type C port. If you want integrated WiFi, the ASRock B550 Taichi is also another very nice motherboard for a lot less. 

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It would, but remember that's a very high end board. You'd probably be better off going with the MSI B550 Tomahawk and buying a wifi adapter if you care about the front panel Type C port. If you want integrated WiFi, the ASRock B550 Taichi is also another very nice motherboard for a lot less. 

The MSI B550 Tomahawk is not sold where I can buy my parts and for some unknown reasons the ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING is cheaper than the original choice. So I will go with that one thank you for your help!