What monitor to buy

GreenDonut

Hello peps 

Need help/suggestions

I need a new monitor but I am not sure which one to buy. I don't want to pay much, for now my budget ist max. 250€ but I would prefer to pay less like 200€ or even 150€ for an "Okay" monitor just for the sake of having a monitor that fulfils its main purpose = showing image.

I want to game on it occasionally. My main usage would be productive stuff tho like surfing and researching  on Safari/Chrome  most of the time, edit documents, using DAW, Youtube on the side and other stuff.

Until now I used a normal 24" full hd monitor. Now I am thinking of buying something bigger maybe with either Full HD 1080p or preferable QHD 1440p.

from a bit of researching I found out that UltraWide could be what I am looking for when it comes to the creative/productive stuff but when it comes to gaming there may be no good offers in that price range.

One I found for 200€ is LG 29UM69G 73 cm (29 ") 1ms 75 Hz Ultrawide IPS gaming monitor (2560 x 1080, HDMI, DisplayPort, 250 cd/m2, AMD Freesync)

when it comes to brands I am open for others but mainly from my own experience my focus would be in this order

- LG

- Dell

- BenQ

- maybe MSI

EDIT: I don't know if it helps to mention it but my machines I will use on it are :  MacBook Pro  and  a PC with Ryzen 3600 + gtx 1660 super