Sensible "Upgrade"????

Keith75

My primary work/gaming computer is a 9820X. I have access to a 5900X and a Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570 board that I could upgrade to, but I am have a gut feeling that it may not be worth doing. It is partly because I love the symmetrical look of the 8 DIMM slots. 馃檪 In all seriousness though, is this a wise upgrade if it doesn't cost me anything?聽

18 minutes ago, Keith75 said:

My primary work/gaming computer is a 9820X. I have access to a 5900X and a Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570 board that I could upgrade to, but I am have a gut feeling that it may not be worth doing. It is partly because I love the symmetrical look of the 8 DIMM slots. 馃檪 In all seriousness though, is this a wise upgrade if it doesn't cost me anything?聽

Well I mean the 5900x is going to perform nearly all tasks more quickly, guess it depends on what you're doing though, and if the 9820x offers any essential features that the 5900x聽 doesn't have. Free is free though, in most cases I'd say go for it.聽

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times.聽

Motherboard Tier List聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽 聽 聽聽How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽Common pc building mistakes聽
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽How to Overclock your CPU聽

1 hour ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

guess it depends on what you're doing though

But besides more PCIE devices its hard to defend keeping on X299 platform. It runs like hell on earth in heat and it doesnt have any 4.0 support

Press quote聽to get a response聽from someone! | Check people's edited posts!聽|聽Be specific!聽| Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Ok. Thanks for the the reassurance. This was my first build where I made it neat and tidy and went all out with RGB light. All my old builds were just functional without worrying about looks. So I am a little reluctant to change it just for that. I think the 9820x looks badass with the layout. 馃檪 That being said, it is very HOT! Running full load, I have to keep the side panel open to keep the CPU temps under 80C.

IMG_5789.jpg