New to mining

Hi everyone,

Looking for some suggestions and or tips and tricks.

I am new to mining, started a couple of days ago.

Not expecting to get filthy rich just trying to make some extra cash to help pay some debt due to some unplanned expenses that life decided to trow at me and my family.

I am mining Raptoreum with a Ryzen 5950x and mining BT via nicehash using a 2080Super.

Returns are quite low, but better than nothing I suppose.

Is there any coin that would be more profitable to mine, or any tips/tricks regarding mining?

Also for Raptoreum I am using Flockpool, is there a better pool for this?

I appologise for the questions but I never tried mining before so not even sure what to ask.

Many thanks in advance for any help provided, will be very much appreciated.

There is nothing more profitable for CPU mining right now than Raptoreum, by a significant margin. For GPU mining, there may be some fungibility depending on the exact card and its particular mining capabilities, but generally, no, Ethereum mining is usually the best return, at least for the time being. (Nicehash mines Ethereum, not BT, by the way. It just pays in BT).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Your cpu is goign to be most profitable with raptoreum

gpu the most profitable is Etherium, which you are mining and nicehash is converting to BTC, id just mine etherum without nicehash as a midleman.

You also want to lower the power limit on the gpu and overclock the gpu mem as much as possible.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Thank you both for your input

Regarding the card its a MSI ventus OC RTX 2080Super, I did tweak it a bit to give a bit more hash, reduced power to 70%, increased core clock by 50 and vRam frequency by 1200mhz, seems stable and vRam temp never goes over 80 degrees celcius.

With that tweak went from 36h/s to 42h/s

Didn't know that was mining etherium, thank you for clarifying, so basically what I am doing just now is probably the best I can do with my current hardware... I suppose.

Once I have anything worth converting, will try to figure how to do that, has can't understand how to convert the RTM coins into cash, I supose I may need to transfer the to TradeOgre swap them for something else and then trasnfer that into coinbase as its in coinbase I get my stuff from nicehash.

Coinbase doesnt support RTM at least for now...

Regards.

51 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Your cpu is goign to be most profitable with raptoreum

gpu the most profitable is Etherium, which you are mining and nicehash is converting to BTC, id just mine etherum without nicehash as a midleman.

You also want to lower the power limit on the gpu and overclock the gpu mem as much as possible.

What can or should I use to mine ethrium apart from Nicehash, any other way that might be more profitable?

30 minutes ago, Daniel81 said:

What can or should I use to mine ethrium apart from Nicehash, any other way that might be more profitable?

just straight up use nbminer, no nicehash inbetween

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

just straight up use nbminer, no nicehash inbetween

Will give that a shot, thx for the tip.

Regarding RTM mining, I am currently in flockpool, but sometimes looks like I get low hash rates.

Is there any pools that are better or is there a way to see if one pool is better than others?

Regsards

6 minutes ago, Daniel81 said:

Will give that a shot, thx for the tip.

Regarding RTM mining, I am currently in flockpool, but sometimes looks like I get low hash rates.

Is there any pools that are better or is there a way to see if one pool is better than others?

Regsards

As I understand it, the algo used for RTM is inconsistent. For example, my 3200g can get up to 1mh/s, low as 90h/s, usually sitting around 300h/s

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

I am using rplant.xyz because a guy in a video said it was better for when you want to sell.  Basically I didn't care and good enough:P  I am seeing the same thing as far as inconsistency goes on this pool with a ryzen 3600.  

Ben

60DegreeV6 / WOT-Tech  

On 11/15/2021 at 10:30 PM, SappySE107 said:

I am using rplant.xyz because a guy in a video said it was better for when you want to sell.  Basically I didn't care and good enough:P  I am seeing the same thing as far as inconsistency goes on this pool with a ryzen 3600.  

Sorry about the stupid question, but I really dont know yet nothing about mining.

Is it better to be on a pool with a lot of people or in a pool with less people?

many thanks

22 hours ago, Daniel81 said:

Sorry about the stupid question, but I really dont know yet nothing about mining.

Is it better to be on a pool with a lot of people or in a pool with less people?

many thanks

doesn't matter. look for 1) servers near you 2) low fees 3) pplns and 4) Luck rate <100%. Luck gives you a good idea of how reliable your pool's servers are, among other variables. I'm a big fan of Miningpoolhub. They've got like 30 different coins you can mine, and you can auto-exchange to your desired crypto.

6 hours ago, Kloud said:

4) Luck rate <100%. Luck gives you a good idea of how reliable your pool's servers are, among other variables.

Luck simply tells you have lucky a pool has been lately, i.e. if it has found some blocks earlier (luck<100%) or later (luck>100%) than expected. On average the luck will be 100% due to the probabilistic nature of mining, so it doesn't really matter what you pick.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

• 3 weeks later...

with RTM you want to look at the long term average. For example 5900x will sometimes report as low as 1500h/s, or as high as 4,000. average over several hours is very steady at 3200, which is about right according to other users. 

also I am using nanominer for ETH, only have 2 gpus. Keep in mind difficulty has gone up exponentially. for example, for a 90 day period from May-July of this year I earned .2 ETH. For the next 90 day period, despite using the exact same mining hardware, I am only at .14 ETH. So it takes longer and longer to receive payouts. Also, depending on your pool, you will be charged for payouts to your wallet. Nanominer varies, from .2 ETH to (currently) as high as .6 ETH due to something called 'gas prices'. Still a little of a noob myself.