New PC gets extremely slow after long idles (overnight)

MxZeal

I leave my PC on every night and this past week when I wake up in the morning and go to my PC EVERYTHING IS EXTREMELY SLOW. My mouse feels like it's moving in slowmo, and things freeze and take forever to open. For no reason, there's nothing hoggling up cpu usage memory or gpu, the temps are completely good and I'm forced to restart the PC and have everything be fine, its clearly an issue with software or within windows or some kind of software and I have absolutely no clue how to find the problem. I've tried rerolling every driver I had, nothing special shows up in event log, I've tried CMD repair commands, windows updates everything. I'm a complete loss. BTW this only happens with really long idles not short ones, I only notice it over night

Has anyone had this problem before? Or do you have any tips to help me pinpoint the issue? Thanks

Does it ever recover from the slowness or do you have to restart it?

If it recovers within a minute it might be slow due to a harddrive being powered off and having to spin back up

18 minutes ago, emosun said:

Does it ever recover from the slowness or do you have to restart it?

If it recovers within a minute it might be slow due to a harddrive being powered off and having to spin back up

I'm pretty much forced to reboot, I don't run any hard drives either. Got an M.2 and an SSD for games

Check the power settings and just set everything to stay on. Go through them and make sure nothing is turning off after an ammount of time. Could also check and make sure the usb ports arent powrring off as well as that could cause some issues as well.

I'm looking at it more closely today and I can notice it slowly get struttery overtime when using the PC aswell. It's really weird I drag my mouse across my screen and it's not smooth (hz set correctly) it's choppy and windows feels slightly the same. When I drag a window across the same mouse pattern It's smoother though, so weird.