Internet connectivity issues for some apps in my android phone with mobile data

So I own an LG Q51 (android version is 9) which I bought recently and I am having this issue where I am unable to go online in some applications with mobile data. For example I can go online and connect to my Facebook account using the Facebook lite app but I am unable to go online and browse the web on google chrome with the same mobile data connection. So far I have unchecked any data saver option in my phone, tried resetting the network settings, removed any data restrictions, tried resetting APNs, changed private DNS from automatic to Cloud flare and google DNS, restarted the phone after every change. None of this fixed the issue. I also noticed that if I turn on mobile hotspot from this phone and connect to it from my PC, I am able to browse the web without any issues. Another important thing I noticed is that, apps like google chrome on the phone would work on mobile data if I used a VPN like ThunderVPN found on the play store.

I am puzzled on what is going on with this phone. Some help to fixing the issue would be very helpful. Thanks.     

15 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

removed any data restrictions

Did you already tried the one that specifically restrict the app itself (every phone's different so can't really explain in detail) to use the data on Chrome's app info?

Yet, probably the simplest fix is try with another browser than Chrome. See if it works.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

2 hours ago, TukangUsapEmenq said:

Did you already tried the one that specifically restrict the app itself (every phone's different so can't really explain in detail) to use the data on Chrome's app info?

In this phone the only app restrictions for data can be seen in the data saver screen only. The app info of any app in this phone doesnt seem to have any mobile data related settings.

2 hours ago, TukangUsapEmenq said:

Yet, probably the simplest fix is try with another browser than Chrome. See if it works.

Chrome is just one example of an app that doesn't work with mobile data. Basically in this phone only Facebook lite works on mobile data. All other apps like Instagram, twitter, Gmail, etc would not work. It will start to work if I enable a VPN for some reason.