4 beeps

zxcbn

i just got my vg259qm monitor and plugged it via display port to my msi gtx 1070 gaming x gpu and when starting the pc i hear 4 beeps . but when i connect it via HDMI i dont . also when i was playing kovaks 2.0 via display port  i got a blue screen telling something about video memory . Also when i connect via HDMI there is no setup gsync in the NVidia control panel 

3 minutes ago, zxcbn said:

i just got my vg259qm monitor and plugged it via display port to my msi gtx 1070 gaming x gpu and when starting the pc i hear 4 beeps . but when i connect it via HDMI i dont . also when i was playing kovaks 2.0 via display port  i got a blue screen telling something about video memory . Also when i connect via HDMI there is no setup gsync in the NVidia control panel 

Maybe a bad cable or port. Can you try a different display port and cable? Maybe can use connector cleaner on it if it is dirty or can cause issues. 

As far as g sync on hdmi, not all monitor ports Support it. My Dell only can do it on display port not HDMI. 

One long 3 short or 4 beeps all the same length?

I had similar experience with VG279QM. I thought it was motherboard issue, but not too sure.

I edit my posts more often than not

6 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

One long 3 short or 4 beeps all the same length?

I had similar experience with VG279QM. I thought it was motherboard issue, but not too sure.

yes 1 long 3 shorts 

7 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

Maybe a bad cable or port. Can you try a different display port and cable? Maybe can use connector cleaner on it if it is dirty or can cause issues. 

As far as g sync on hdmi, not all monitor ports Support it. My Dell only can do it on display port not HDMI. 

i dont have a second cable but tried all 3 ports and same thing 

When it happened I just used HDMI to boot to Windows  and then switch the cable to DP.

Perhaps it's a VG2*9QM series issue.

18 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

When it happened I just used HDMI to boot to Windows  and then switch the cable to DP.

Perhaps it's a VG2*9QM series issue.

have u had any blue screens ? or have u contacted asus ? 

I have had no BSODs at least concerning DP problem, and did not contact Asus about it.

30 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

I have had no BSODs at least concerning DP problem, and did not contact Asus about it.

whats ur GPU and are u still having the same problem ? 

14 minutes ago, zxcbn said:

whats ur GPU and are u still having the same problem ? 

I have swapped a couple of the GPUs, also now I don't have the monitor anymore. Got LG 27GP850-B now and no more beeping problems.

I had similar problems with integrated graphics also before the new monitor. That's why I think it was monitor issue.