Mouse Scroll Wheel issue - multiclick problem

danmultip

I'm having an issue with my mouse where the scroll wheel button seems to trigger multiple times when I press down on the scroll wheel to click it. When clicking on a link to open a new tab using the wheel button, it opens 2, 3 or 4 copies of the tab. When using the wheel button in a videogame it triggers multiple times just the same. I've tried adjusting the Windows double-click settings but I don't think that affects the scroll wheel button. I've tried using 2 different mice and it happens on both of them. I tried a regular Logitec mouse and my default gaming mouse the R.A.T. 5. Both of them have the same issue, so i'm not sure if it's worth getting a new mouse to try to fix it, I think I think the issue might be software but I could be wrong.

I've tried researching a solution to this issue for over a year now but I haven't found anyone addressing the scroll wheel click, people only seem to address problems with scroll wheels not clicking at all which is not a problem I have. I pretty much just gave up on it, but now i've been playing games a bit more and thought this forum would be a good place with people smarter than me that might have some insight on my situation.

If it's of any use, my motherboard is a ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO and I use Windows 10