Asus ROG Strix B450-F Motherboard DRAM Issue

harrytwhite04
Go to solution Solved by harrytwhite04,

^^ Solved now, realised it was a cpu mounting pressure error, I reseated the cpu and didn't max out the cooler screws, temps are fine and it's running smooth 馃檪

Hey all,

I've been having an issue with my motherboard (Asus Strix B450-F Gaming) About 2 months ago聽my PC randomly wouldn't boot so I reset the CMOS and realised that my ram (HyperX Fury 2x8gb 3200mhz) would no longer run past 2400mhz meaning that I had to turn D.O.C.P off, this was really random so I tried another set of ram (Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 2x8gb 3200mhz) and that didn't make a difference. So I decided that my ram slots maybe have something wrong with them. I continued to use my PC at 2400mhz for a couple months and now suddenly it doesn't boot anymore. Whenever I press the power button the orange DRAM LED indicators come up which shows that it's a ram issue. I decided that it was probably an issue with the聽slots聽so I then tried a different motherboard and cpu which I had lying around and they worked just fine.

I ordered another of the same motherboard in hopes of it working but it arrived yesterday and it turns out to have the exact same issue. I've tried pretty much every slot combination with 1, 2 and 4 sticks. I've tried a different cpu, I've tried a different power supply, I've tried resetting cmos multiple times on both boards,聽nothing has worked at all. I'm going to order a cheap new聽4gb stick of ram to see if maybe both sets of ram are faulty but in my head that's super unlikely and I'm not really sure what to do if this new stick of ram doesn't work. Is it possible that my fault board had fried both my sticks of ram or something?聽I've attached images of the 2 different motherboards using different cpus, psu's聽and different pairs of ram but still having the same issue. Any聽tips would be appreciated a lot, thank you 馃檪

p.s I'm running an R5 5600x, the other cpu is an R3 2200g

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7055.jpg

^^ Solved now, realised it was a cpu mounting pressure error, I reseated the cpu and didn't max out the cooler screws, temps are fine and it's running smooth 馃檪

• 3 weeks later...

Exact same issue. Now that I see how you've solved it, I hope mine's the same.聽