750ti and GT 1030, building and emulation PC

HesCalledTheStig

I have an old 750ti and a couple GT 1030’s lying around. I want to use them for an emulation PC project (for games I own, nothing pirated. Just want to clear that up before it is brought up later). I’m just wondering what consoles I could emulate with either of these low powered cards?  I also have an old 650ti (1gb). Do you think they would go as far as PS1 or PS2?  I’m finally building my man cave and it would be more convenient to have 1 pc to run my games rather than to have all the older consoles hooked to my tv. Not to mention the consoles will run into resolution issues without buying the proper converters for high definition. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

You can probably go up to PS2. For reference, high end Android phones can emulate Game Cube games. 

Interesting. I figured MAYBE ps one. Ps2 emulation would be awesome. I’m assuming I’d have better luck with the 750ti. 

Just now, HesCalledTheStig said:

Interesting. I figured MAYBE ps one. Ps2 emulation would be awesome. I’m assuming I’d have better luck with the 750ti. 

I mean, you have both so you can always try them out. And yeah, the 750Ti is the more powerful card. 

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

I mean, you have both so you can always try them out. And yeah, the 750Ti is the more powerful card. 

I actually have 2 matching 1030’s and I know there is an application to make non SLI cards run in SLI. Might be interesting to try that. Either way, I have a stack of NES and SNES games and consoles that work 50% of the time at best. To have a way to play my favorites and introduce my kids to them would be priceless to me. That said, I’d also love to be able to play Parasite Eve again.   My ps1 was chipped back in the day and has since thrown in the towel. 

1 minute ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

I actually have 2 matching 1030’s and I know there is an application to make non SLI cards run in SLI

Problem is I don't know of any emulators that actually use SLI, so even if the cards were running in SLI, they wouldn't do anything. You can try, but don't expect it to do anything.

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

Problem is I don't know of any emulators that actually use SLI, so even if the cards were running in SLI, they wouldn't do anything. You can try, but don't expect it to do anything.

I think I kinda figured that even as I was typing it. Not like 1030’s in SLI would do much anyway.