Please advise on this PSU - EVGA 220-GA-0750-X1 SuperNOVA 750 GA, 80 Plus Gold

ZzzZzSNORE

I bought a custom built PC, won't mention where, but it will arrive on Tuesday. However I ran across some articles and forums regarding the combination of the EVGA 220-GA-0750-X1 SuperNOVA 750 GA, 80 Plus Gold with RTX 30 series that mentioned this particular PSU cannot handle the transient power spikes coming from the card and can/will shut the PC down as a result. But then I also read that the revised version of this PSU which is indicated by the "X1" in the model code, has resolved this issue. In addition the place I bought the custom build from also performs a BURN-IN test, which states that they run the PC at 100% load for 24hrs, in which no issues occurred or at the very least reported to me. I called to get information about this BURN IN test, and they stated that its a full test of CPU/GPU etc, and nothing was shown as defective. My intention also is to undervolt the GPU when it gets here via MSI afterburner. So will this PSU work? Is anyone else using this PSU with the 30 series without issue? Please let me know.

If your computer was tested for that long, or at least was made sure to run for an extended period of time. Then I would trust them and not have to worry about it. Since you already ordered it and it seems to be shipped, nothing you can really do until it gets here. If you don't spot the X1 for the revised model in the model no, and that is a deal breaker for you, then you can try to return it. Otherwise, you can always just swap in your own psu of a different brand if it makes you feel more comfortable. It's YOUR pc