Jittery visuals

linnoff

I am having issues with video playback on one of my two monitors. On my primary monitor scrolling text or other repetitive objects moving across the screen seem to stutter in a way that is quite uncomfortable to watch. It's most notable in slow panning shots of an otherwise static scene or the scrolling text like at the bottom of a news broadcast. Moving the video to my other monitor and it is much more viewable.

My primary monitor is a Samsung G7 running at 1440p 144hz SDR. My second monitor is an AOC AG271QG running at 1440p 144hz. (I know the G7 can run higher refresh, but I wanted them to match.) They are both being fed by an RTX 3080 with the latest drivers.

55 minutes ago, linnoff said:

I am having issues with video playback on one of my two monitors. On my primary monitor scrolling text or other repetitive objects moving across the screen seem to stutter in a way that is quite uncomfortable to watch. It's most notable in slow panning shots of an otherwise static scene or the scrolling text like at the bottom of a news broadcast. Moving the video to my other monitor and it is much more viewable.

My primary monitor is a Samsung G7 running at 1440p 144hz SDR. My second monitor is an AOC AG271QG running at 1440p 144hz. (I know the G7 can run higher refresh, but I wanted them to match.) They are both being fed by an RTX 3080 with the latest drivers.

I kind of wonder if this is an AMD or intel system.  Might not matter.  There was once an issue with ryzen2 stuff having problems with 2 monitors but not 1 or 3.  Long time ago though and it got fixed with a bios update.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I kind of wonder if this is an AMD or intel system.  Might not matter.  There was once an issue with ryzen2 stuff having problems with 2 monitors but not 1 or 3.  Long time ago though and it got fixed with a bios update.

x570 mobo and a Ryzen 5800x. Bios is from February 2021 I believe (flashed it when I was building the system).