Graphics card not working after installing Kraken G10

Mincygrape

Today I installed the Kraken g10 onto my graphics card, plugged it back into my computer, and the graphics card wasn't working. So I put the stock cooler back on, and it worked again, so I put the g10 back on, and it's not working again.

It's definitely plugged in properly, both the power connectors and into the PCI-e slot on the motherboard, so what could be the problem?

Could it be that the card isn't switching on because there are no fans plugged into the graphics card, safety feature or something?

My card is a XFX HD7950 DD. Any help would be appreciated.

Rig - Processor: Intel core i5 3570k @4.3GHz, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX, GPU: XFX HD 7950 DD, with a Kraken G10 and Kraken X40, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4x4GB, HDD: Seagate 1.5TB, Cooler: Xigmatek Prime SD1484, Case: Phantom 530

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer 24-inch 1920x1080, Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4, Mouse: Logitech G9x, Headphones: Turtle Beach PX21, Mousepad: Steelseries QCK

Today I installed the Kraken g10 onto my graphics card, plugged it back into my computer, and the graphics card wasn't working. So I put the stock cooler back on, and it worked again, so I put the g10 back on, and it's not working again.

It's definitely plugged in properly, both the power connectors and into the PCI-e slot on the motherboard, so what could be the problem?

Could it be that the card isn't switching on because there are no fans plugged into the graphics card, safety feature or something?

My card is a XFX HD7950 DD. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you re-plug the 6+8 pin power connectors? 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

You could try a dummy plug to make the card think non existent fans are spinning :P

The problem is, I have no idea how to do that

You could try a dummy plug to make the card think non existent fans are spinning :P

The problem is, I have no idea how to do that

Plug each side into one another and if there is a ground attach it to the case. Maybe don't quote me for it

could we see some pictures.  The fans should not stop it working.

On a side note  see below

"** Some variations in AMD die height may require the use of a shim."

your card may need a shim to work correctly but would not stop it booting, but it would overheat pretty fast if it need one.

"** Some variations in AMD die height may require the use of a shim."

your card may need a shim to work correctly but would not stop it booting, but it would overheat pretty fast if it need one.

I am using a shim with my card, so I don't think it would be overheating. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get a chance to take some.

Rig - Processor: Intel core i5 3570k @4.3GHz, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX, GPU: XFX HD 7950 DD, with a Kraken G10 and Kraken X40, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4x4GB, HDD: Seagate 1.5TB, Cooler: Xigmatek Prime SD1484, Case: Phantom 530

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer 24-inch 1920x1080, Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4, Mouse: Logitech G9x, Headphones: Turtle Beach PX21, Mousepad: Steelseries QCK

I found that heat pads can cause a short. Sorta stupid but nothing is grounding or shorting??

Plug each side into one another and if there is a ground attach it to the case. Maybe don't quote me for it

I quoted you for it :P

I am using a shim with my card, so I don't think it would be overheating. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get a chance to take some.

I would test the fan issue.  with the stock cooler on and working then unplug the fans and see if it works still with the stock cooler.  if it works you then know its not the fans.  Just let it get to the bios and don't boot windows that way the card wont be putting of much heat.

I brought up the shim preemptively as i seen a number of people not reading the manual.

So I've just put the stock cooler back on, and it started working again. I also tried unplugging the fans on the stock cooler, and it still worked. I really have no idea what's the problem right now, maybe the graphics card wasn't plugged in right before. I'll put the g10 back on and see if it works and take some pictures as well.