New build, help!

Go to solution Solved by KKLawrence,
15 minutes ago, quikzse said:

Thanks alot for you spendning your valuable time, I am starting to think that you might not be a mortal being 😉

I like the idea, maby buy all the stuff except a hardcore CPU+GPU until later on so I dont have to gradually upgrade the whole computer, I like to keep things as simple as I can 🙂

What should be a reasonable budget if you change the CPU and GPU to those you've mentioned above?

https://se.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tm3XTJ

So I did a list thats a little more downgraded here, you would only pay 17.000 Kr but your system would also be a little slower, still plenty fast in my opinion. If you want to stream, use the GPU Driver as it only slows down 1-3 fps, so very acceptable.

Hope that helps 🙂

Budget (including currency):  25 000 SEK / 3000$ ~ / 2500 Euro

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly gaming pc with flawless fps that lasts for years, the visual graphic details in games is not the most important since I prefer performance > graphics. 

• Playing CS:GO (300+ fps, playing at 1280x960 flawless without minimum imput lag)
  • Exploring new games on higher graphics settings while still maintaining a high fps at 1920x1080 (such as MMO RPGs)
  • A build that lasts 7-10 years without dropping to much in performance
  • Streaming 1080p 60fps so the computer has to manage some workload without affecting the gameplay at any cost.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

• Also buying 240 hz benq monitor, mousepad and a new mouse so the budget could be overestimated a bit.
  • A complete white pc build

Feel free to discuss, give advices and ask questions. Negative and unnecessary comments are avoided. Thank you!

*Sample image*

PC.JPG

32 minutes ago, quikzse said:
  • Also buying new peripherals so the budget could be overestimated a bit.

Thanks for the specificity, considering that 3000$ is a lot for sub 1080p CS and basic 60fps streaming and games.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (kr3060.57 @ Amazon Sweden)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 72.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (kr926.00 @ Computersalg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 GAMING X V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (kr1138.21 @ Computersalg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  (kr880.00 @ Proshop)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (kr605.00 @ Amazon Sweden)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (kr6100.00)
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (kr699.00 @ Amazon Sweden)
Power Supply: ADATA XPG PYLON 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (kr808.00 @ Proshop)
Case Fan: Lian Li UNI SL120 58.54 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (kr912.16 @ Computersalg)
Case Fan: Lian Li UNI SL120 58.54 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (kr912.16 @ Computersalg)
Monitor: Asus VG248QG 24.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz Monitor  (kr2001.98 @ Amazon Sweden)
Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard  (kr1700.00)
Custom: beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm Studio Headphones  (kr1400.00)
Total: kr21143.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-28 12:02 CEST+0200

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

@SorryClaire- Thank you for your fast response and for putting your time into this.

Questions/Edits

• I removed the keyboard and other perepherals according to buy a 240hz monitor instead.
  • When talking about fps-games like csgo I am extremely picky to have the right stuff (played cs non-professionally and professionally since 2005).
  • There is no SSD including in this setup, and I am curious about why. 
  • What is the main things to take into account/think about when choosing parts like you did?
    - Will a setup like this give a pleasant experience on a wide spectrum of gaming and not for just maxing out cs go fps?
    - In terms of upgrading in the future, are the key components like GPU/CPU doing well in the long run?
  • Generally, what can you expect from a PC for around 3k performance/endurance(?) wise in the long run?

I've bought/built computers before with help from friends with both the building and selection of parts but it seems I never got that edge to my computer that I wanted so I am quite picky and will probably ask more questions until I find the ultimate winner for my budget. Sorry for bad grammar, no hablo ingles very well 😄 

2 hours ago, quikzse said:

Budget (including currency):  25 000 SEK / 3000$ ~ / 2500 Euro

• Also buying 240 hz benq monitor, mousepad and a new mouse so the budget could be overestimated a bit.

This is a perfect build for around 3000 Euro for all white rgb and great gaming performance. You could always make cuts here and their but this build will look sick.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£368.00 @ Infinite Computing) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£119.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: NZXT N7 B550 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£230.00) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (£147.17 @ More Computers) 
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£211.63 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB Vision OC Video Card  (£1660.79 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case  (£104.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Power Supply: Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  (£124.98 @ CCL Computers) 
Case Fan: Corsair LL120 63 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (£56.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Case Fan: Corsair LL120 63 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (£56.00 @ Computer Orbit) 
Total: £3078.56
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-28 12:33 BST+0100

@BLT_SharpiesThank you for your fast response and for putting your time into this. It looks really great, extremely highend GPU though but you could surely slamdunk another GPU in there. If I were about to buy this right of the bat the price would be 3400 euros/3900 dollars/ 34 000 SEK which is a bit over the budget. 

*Edit - PCPartpicker location was set to GB 😄

44 minutes ago, quikzse said:

@SorryClaire- Thank you for your fast response and for putting your time into this.

Questions/Edits

• I removed the keyboard and other perepherals according to buy a 240hz monitor instead.
  • When talking about fps-games like csgo I am extremely picky to have the right stuff (played cs non-professionally and professionally since 2005).
  • There is no SSD including in this setup, and I am curious about why. 
  • What is the main things to take into account/think about when choosing parts like you did?
    - Will a setup like this give a pleasant experience on a wide spectrum of gaming and not for just maxing out cs go fps?
    - In terms of upgrading in the future, are the key components like GPU/CPU doing well in the long run?
  • Generally, what can you expect from a PC for around 3k performance/endurance(?) wise in the long run?

I've bought/built computers before with help from friends with both the building and selection of parts but it seems I never got that edge to my computer that I wanted so I am quite picky and will probably ask more questions until I find the ultimate winner for my budget. Sorry for bad grammar, no hablo ingles very well 😄 

First of all, it is quite difficult with your budget and needs. I tried my best but went overbudget, but I will explain my choices.

CPU: I went with a fast 8 core processor, the fastest sensible one on the market right now. That's the 5800X (yes, the 11900K is sometimes faster but way worse in price/performance)

Cooler: The 5800X can run hot, that's why I went with the cheapest AIO in white I can trust, I think when you choose a solid black air cooler, that where you can save a few bucks. The Scythe Fuma 2 is a good choice.

Motherboard: The ASRcok B550's feature white apparel and the Pro4 is a solid choice, so a nice fit for your budget.

RAM: White Ram is quite common normally, but according to PCPartpicker not in Sweden. Is it because of the snow? Anyways, I chose the best "whitish" Ram, and that was the Trident Z. Also 32GB because of futureproofing. 16GB should be enough.

Storage: The P5 is a nice Gen3 drive. It has cache and performs to the max of Gen3 speeds.

GPU: Color is here a luxury, especially in this market. So i choose the fastest GPU for the best price, which is the RX6800XT in my opinion.

Case: The 4000D Airflow is the nicest and best price case in white I know, maybe also the Phanteks P360a? But the 4000D is a great choice.

PSU: Almost any good (not Gigabyte) 850w PSU should be enough for the next 8 years.

Monitor: I searched and found this one to be the best 27" for the price, regarding reviews and stuff. But if you are able to stick with 24, then you could also shave a few bucks of here.

Generally, I would not expect to have a top dog PC for the next 8-10 years. With how fast technology's changing right now (Intel's new CPU Line with PCIe Gen5! and DDR5), you could expect top performance for 4 years and then medium settings for another 3. But thats just a wild guess. Also, if you want to wait a few weeks, the new Intel Alder Lake could beat Ryzen, but with how much percent and if it's worth the extra price, well thats for the future to tell...

I hope this helped 😄

PCPartPicker Part List: https://se.pcpartpicker.com/list/yF8kht

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  (kr4066.00 @ Amazon Sweden) 
CPU Cooler: Enermax AQUAFUSION 79.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (kr801.24 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (kr1374.00 @ Proshop) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (kr1553.00 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Storage: Crucial P5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (kr1038.90 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Red Dragon OC Video Card  (kr12990.00 @ Proshop) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (kr790.00 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (kr1184.77 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Monitor: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz Monitor  (kr2697.00 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Total: kr26494.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-28 13:53 CEST+0200

@KKLawrenceThank you for your fast response and for putting your time into this especially taking the "why-should-i-buy-that"-factor in to consideration. Very helpful and makes it easier for me to decide and understand components. Also, like you say, it is hard to "invest" in a computer that you want to last for ages when the tech-industry developing new productlines all the time. Maby it is more clever to wait until the whole supply chain functions properly again which maby opens up for hardwareprices we've never could have expected? Or it doesnt matter that much maby? What do you think? Vielen dank!

1 minute ago, quikzse said:

@KKLawrenceThank you for your fast response and for putting your time into this especially taking the "why-should-i-buy-that"-factor in to consideration. Very helpful and makes it easier for me to decide and understand components. Also, like you say, it is hard to "invest" in a computer that you want to last for ages when the tech-industry developing new productlines all the time. Maby it is more clever to wait until the whole supply chain functions properly again which maby opens up for hardwareprices we've never could have expected? Or it doesnt matter that much maby? What do you think? Vielen dank!

Hardware prices right now are hard to predict... With me looking in a glass ball, I'd predict that in the near future (the next 2-6 months) pc hardware prices and prices for almost all goods are going to rise, because of ongoing logistics issues and inflation. But in 1-2 years, with DDR5 and PCIe Gen5 established, the ongoing competition between AMD and Intel could mean low prices.

It's really hard to predict tho and I'm by all means no expert, I'm just a mere mortal working in chemical logistics and interested in the computing industry.

By the way, you could shave of a few bucks by going 6 core CPU (5600X) and a cheaper cooler, as the 5600X is really easy to cool. That would be roughly 150$ less.

If I were you, I'd choose a PC for 4-5 years with less budget, something like a Ryzen 5600X, B550 board, 16GB of Ram and a 3060TI or RX6700XT GPU, whatever's cheaper. If your maingoal is 1080p, that would be 250+ FPS in CS Go right now, and if you adapt the settings, it'll last you good 5 years. And then you can get a new PC in the adapted faster market.

4 minutes ago, KKLawrence said:

Hardware prices right now are hard to predict... With me looking in a glass ball, I'd predict that in the near future (the next 2-6 months) pc hardware prices and prices for almost all goods are going to rise, because of ongoing logistics issues and inflation. But in 1-2 years, with DDR5 and PCIe Gen5 established, the ongoing competition between AMD and Intel could mean low prices.

It's really hard to predict tho and I'm by all means no expert, I'm just a mere mortal working in chemical logistics and interested in the computing industry.

By the way, you could shave of a few bucks by going 6 core CPU (5600X) and a cheaper cooler, as the 5600X is really easy to cool. That would be roughly 150$ less.

If I were you, I'd choose a PC for 4-5 years with less budget, something like a Ryzen 5600X, B550 board, 16GB of Ram and a 3060TI or RX6700XT GPU, whatever's cheaper. If your maingoal is 1080p, that would be 250+ FPS in CS Go right now, and if you adapt the settings, it'll last you good 5 years. And then you can get a new PC in the adapted faster market.

Thanks alot for you spendning your valuable time, I am starting to think that you might not be a mortal being 😉

I like the idea, maby buy all the stuff except a hardcore CPU+GPU until later on so I dont have to gradually upgrade the whole computer, I like to keep things as simple as I can 🙂

What should be a reasonable budget if you change the CPU and GPU to those you've mentioned above?

15 minutes ago, quikzse said:

So I did a list thats a little more downgraded here, you would only pay 17.000 Kr but your system would also be a little slower, still plenty fast in my opinion. If you want to stream, use the GPU Driver as it only slows down 1-3 fps, so very acceptable.

Hope that helps 🙂

3 minutes ago, KKLawrence said:

Hope that helps 🙂

Thank you very much for your help, case closed! 🙂

@KKLawrence- Hi again friend, thank you for the help before. I've had a second thought and looked into my current setup to see what I could possibly bring to the new one before I spend loads on money on a new graphics card for example. To my question, is it worth using my older graphics card and storage? Thank you in advance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCpartpicker https://se.pcpartpicker.com/list/GV8G7X  
  Parts I need to buy Price SEK

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor 4066
CPU cooler Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 1577
Motherboard ?? (Have not found a compatible MB yet) ??
RAM G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory 1537
SSD Crucial P5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive 1089
Chassis Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case 790
Powersupply Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 1200
Fans Corsair iCUE SP RGB ELITE 47.73 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack 800
    11 059 kr

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parts I already have

Graphics card    
Boost: 1771 MHz / bas: 1556 MHz i spelläge
Storage
HDD - 4TB WD Red 7200rpm 64MB

SSD Storage
SSD 240GB Intel 530 OEM

Spreadsheethttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bqZBC8tV_9kAJ-jV08SjPMdojRNIm68pJSaxOJrTJ9k/edit?usp=sharing

38 minutes ago, quikzse said:

@KKLawrence- Hi again friend, thank you for the help before. I've had a second thought and looked into my current setup to see what I could possibly bring to the new one before I spend loads on money on a new graphics card for example. To my question, is it worth using my older graphics card and storage? Thank you in advance.

PCpartpicker https://se.pcpartpicker.com/list/GV8G7X  
  Parts I need to buy Price SEK

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor 4066
CPU cooler Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 1577
Motherboard ?? (Have not found a compatible MB yet) ??
RAM G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory 1537
SSD Crucial P5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive 1089
Chassis Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case 790
Powersupply Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 1200
Fans Corsair iCUE SP RGB ELITE 47.73 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack 800
    11 059 kr

Parts I already have

Graphics card    
Boost: 1771 MHz / bas: 1556 MHz i spelläge
Storage
HDD - 4TB WD Red 7200rpm 64MB

SSD Storage
SSD 240GB Intel 530 OEM

Spreadsheethttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bqZBC8tV_9kAJ-jV08SjPMdojRNIm68pJSaxOJrTJ9k/edit?usp=sharing

So if I were you, I'd try to get a nice SSD later. You can boot of the SSD for now and use the HDD for Game storage. That's what I did with my previous 250GB SSD/2TB HDD Setup. Of course, a new SSD will be nice but not as snappy as you might expect. That is, that the drive isn't like 10 years old. If you are unsure, that it'll work without any issues due to age, then might as well use it.

And for Game Storage: If you use an HDD, then your games will be still fast enough. An HDD is slow, when it has to search across it's discs and on different locations. Games are usually written on the same disc, so if you boot of the SSD and use the HDD for Games, then you won't notice the "slow" performance at all.

As for GPU, I'd stick with the 1060 as long as possible. You can overclock the GPU in a good case, maybe watch a few JayzTwoCents Tutorials on how to best achieve GPU overclocks with MSI Afterburner. It's quite simple and you can get a few FPS out of it. But in the longer run you will be bottlenecked by the VRAM on the GPU. So I'd definitly watch the GPU-market closely and maybe get enlisted in the EVGA Program or stuff like that, to get a GPU as close to MSRP as possible.

Quick tipp on motherboards: there's a tier list on the forum, where the VRM's are ranked, so you can see which ones to avoid and which ones to check out. You don't need to overclock, but a bit of headroom is sensible.

@KKLawrence- Thank you! Should I be worried about the facts on pcpartpicker? See below

Potential Issues / Incompatibilities

•  Warning!The Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor with BIOS version 1004. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU.
  •  Note:Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port, but the Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 2 or Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port will not be usable.
  •  Note:Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

40 minutes ago, quikzse said:

Potential Issues / Incompatibilities

•  Warning!The Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor with BIOS version 1004. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU.
  •  Note:Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port, but the Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 2 or Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port will not be usable.
  •  Note:Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

The board has bios flashback, so no need to worry about the bios. You can update it even without a cpu installed.

The USB warning is to do with the Type C port on the front of the case. That board doesn't have a Type C internal header from the looks of it, so you won't be able to use that port on the case. The rear of the board has a Type C port if you do need it for something that requires that connector.