PC Randomly Restarts While Gaming/Using Unreal Engine

Tyrael

About a week ago I started experiencing random restarts on my PC while gaming and while doing stuff in Unreal Engine. The computer will shut off out of nowhere, then reboot just fine. I decided to run OCCT tests on my hardware and only the Power test failed, throwing tens of thousands of "Power - ##### error(s) found (CPU)" before finally giving me the blue screen of death with random stop codes such as,: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION,

KERNAL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE, and

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

This has me worried it's a CPU or MoBo failure, though the OCCT CPU test and Prime95 ran seemingly fine, and all the other OCCT stuff ran fine as well. I'm hoping this is just a failure with my PSU because that would be an easy and cheap thing to swap. Anybody have any ideas on what things I can do to really pin down the true cause, or already know what it is? Thanks!

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3800X

GOU: ASUS Strix 2800 Super

PSU: Corsair RM750x

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB 3400 MHz (CMW32GX4M2C3000C15)

MOBO: ASUS ROG Strict X470-F

EDIT

BIOS Version: 5406

Does your computer run normally when you're not using Unreal Engine? If it's totally normal, no crashes, then it could be a failing PSU or PSU cables. When not under load, the computer can run fine, but when you play a game or use an engine, the failing cables or failing PSU can deliver power in unusual spikes, sometimes it won't crash, but other times it will. Maybe check your PSU or cables for it and see? I have had issues like this when only under load, at certain times, the program will crash.

let us know

5 hours ago, HandyAndy said:

Does your computer run normally when you're not using Unreal Engine? If it's totally normal, no crashes, then it could be a failing PSU or PSU cables. When not under load, the computer can run fine, but when you play a game or use an engine, the failing cables or failing PSU can deliver power in unusual spikes, sometimes it won't crash, but other times it will. Maybe check your PSU or cables for it and see? I have had issues like this when only under load, at certain times, the program will crash.

let us know

My computer runs normally all other times, just not when playing games (for instance Battlefield, Dead by Daylight, etc.) and while running Unreal, but its usually after having run them for a an hour or so already. Is there a good way to check the PSU/cables to check for failures?

On 10/28/2021 at 12:18 AM, Tyrael said:

My computer runs normally all other times, just not when playing games (for instance Battlefield, Dead by Daylight, etc.) and while running Unreal, but its usually after having run them for a an hour or so already. Is there a good way to check the PSU/cables to check for failures?

Well, the best way to check is to run your system on a new or different power supply. of course with the proper amount of wattage your computer requires. cables, if it's modular, you can just switch out cables and leave the old PSU and see if that helps. If it doesn't then its definitely the power supply. I just got a EVGA G6 1000w and my issues are "magically" gone.