CPU: i3 8100

Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M DS2

RAM: DDR4 8gb 2400Mhz

GPU:

- Intel UHD 630

- Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 (No Display)

PSU: AeroCool LUX 650W

HDD: Seagate 1TB

Hi, so I bought an used HD 7770 and it doesn’t show any display on my monitor. However, before all of this happens, the GPU seems to work but sometimes my PC froze therefore I need to restart it. I tried to underclock it to see if it doesn’t freeze. The next day, the gpu doesn’t work so I plugged the VGA cable back to the mobo, it shows display on the integrated graphic. The Radeon Software gives an error 173 saying that there is no radeon hardware detected on my PC. On device manager, there is no sign of the HD 7770 on the display adapter. I’ve applied new thermal paste and it still doesn’t work. I do not have any additional PC to test the GPU. I’m worried if the GPU is dead. 

P.S. I use HDMI to VGA

error 163.PNG

Edited by ya_troy

4 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Download GPU-Z, you might have a fake card

Before the GPU was broken, Radeon Software detects it so I’m not sure it’s a fake card

I would just like to mention that besides the PSU and HDD I have assembled literally that exact same setup. Same CPU, motherboard, and RAM. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

10 hours ago, Nathanpete said:

I would just like to mention that besides the PSU and HDD I have assembled literally that exact same setup. Same CPU, motherboard, and RAM. 

Niceee but mine is a lil bit slow xd

Here are some solutions I could come up with, they're not guaranteed to work 100% of the time but I figured they would be worth the shot if you're situation is very dire, but before that I need to ask some questions.

1. Did you install any new drivers?

2. Is this your first GPU?

3. Did you tweak your GPU physically?

4. Did you tweak your GPU (OC)?

5. Did you install anything that uses GPUs like crypto mining software?

6. Was the GPU used at some point?
7. Are you sure that its a problem with the GPU instead of the converter?

6 minutes ago, IdiotMcGee said:

Here are some solutions I could come up with, they're not guaranteed to work 100% of the time but I figured they would be worth the shot if you're situation is very dire, but before that I need to ask some questions.

1. Did you install any new drivers?

2. Is this your first GPU?

3. Did you tweak your GPU physically?

4. Did you tweak your GPU (OC)?

5. Did you install anything that uses GPUs like crypto mining software?

6. Was the GPU used at some point?
7. Are you sure that its a problem with the GPU instead of the converter?

1. I'm guessing you are talking about the GPU drivers. Whenever you are downloading an AMD driver, it will ask you to download Radeon Software and it gives Error 173
2. Yes it is
3. I did clean it with multi-purpose spray thingy and apply new thermal paste
4. I did underclock it and if I can remember properly, I change the core clock from 1300 (original) to 1100
5. No I didn't
6. Yes it was
7. If it's a problem with the converter, Radeon Software and Device Manager should've detect it however it didn't

8 minutes ago, ya_troy said:

1. I'm guessing you are talking about the GPU drivers. Whenever you are downloading an AMD driver, it will ask you to download Radeon Software and it gives Error 173
2. Yes it is
3. I did clean it with multi-purpose spray thingy and apply new thermal paste
4. I did underclock it and if I can remember properly, I change the core clock from 1300 (original) to 1100
5. No I didn't
6. Yes it was
7. If it's a problem with the converter, Radeon Software and Device Manager should've detect it however it didn't

What was the GPU used for? was it used for something intensive like obsessive gaming or lots of editing?

1 minute ago, IdiotMcGee said:

What was the GPU used for? was it used for something intensive like obsessive gaming or lots of editing?

I am not sure but I heard they used it for gaming

1 minute ago, ya_troy said:

I am not sure but I heard they used it for gaming

How much did the seller price it for? (market price's around $180-$200)
How much is the GPU's RAM and what brand/model of converter do you use

4 minutes ago, IdiotMcGee said:

How much did the seller price it for? (market price's around $180-$200)
How much is the GPU's RAM and what brand/model of converter do you use

It was sold for $70
The RAM is 1GB
And the converter is a brand called NYK

3 minutes ago, ya_troy said:

It was sold for $70
The RAM is 1GB
And the converter is a brand called NYK

so its the 1gb one, also where did you buy it for 70 bucks? That sounds like a steal, also i dont think its 180 or 200 because i was looking at the wrong gpus hahaha but anyways I havent heard about an "NYK" brand here so i dont think i can help you, also ive got to snatch myself some dinner and im probably not going to go back online until tomorrow 

1 minute ago, IdiotMcGee said:

so its the 1gb one, also where did you buy it for 70 bucks? That sounds like a steal, also i dont think its 180 or 200 because i was looking at the wrong gpus hahaha but anyways I havent heard about an "NYK" brand here so i dont think i can help you, also ive got to snatch myself some dinner and im probably not going to go back online until tomorrow 

I got a new case (used) as well for the $70 and yea NYK is like a brand from my country so yea thanks for helping

On 10/28/2021 at 10:04 AM, ya_troy said:

I got a new case (used) as well for the $70 and yea NYK is like a brand from my country so yea thanks for helping

np man

I tried to use hair dryer, because I don't have heat gun, on the graphic cards and it still doesn't work 

It seems like these two are missing, is this the cause? I mean the GPU was working before 

sad.PNG