PC randomly restarts

Go to solution Solved by AgentF03,
On 10/25/2021 at 3:56 PM, Mark Kaine said:

yeah, I know, which is why I said you might find it weird - but imo its likely,  as it doesn't really matter what brand/ model, rather the combination of all parts, or its just defective units, who knows. 

Well something to keep in mind if you can't fix it i guess...

As for the RAM, yeah, thats possible,  although usually mobo manufacturers say 3200"+" u might want to check that, but however,  there is no guarantee it will work.

Also as always BIOS/CHIPSET drivers can make a difference. 

👍

So in the end all I did was setting the RAM to 3200MHz instead of 3600MHz....
After "Eren Ilhan" gave me a tip I found out that the RAM I have is not compatible with my mobo at a certain frequency...

BUT at least the reboots are gone now!!! :)

Thanks for helping out! 

Hi...

So my PC started randomly restarting 3 Months ago... it came out of no where and the System worked perfectly fine before.
The Eventlog showed a fatal Error: Kernel-Power, Event-ID: 41.
First things I did were changing settings in my system, updating all the drivers (BIOS, GPU, CPU, etc.), throttling down the hardware, watching the temperatures and waiting for another random restart.
2 days later, running without a problem, the next restart happened... After googling and asking some friends I first tested the RAM with memtest86 for 3 times and had 0 Errors, the RAM is compatible and even with lower frequency and higher timings the restarts happened.
Then I changed the PSU but it didnt help, the PC is still restarting like 4 times a week...
After that I installed Windows on a new M2.SSD that i bought, hoping that its maybe just Windows fault... 😞image.gif.59e16842469b142f2cabfe4c25b9e94c.gif ....still restarting.
I benchmarked the System like 5 to 10 times in a row without a problem, but then when I play, watch a video or just chill in discord the restarts appear.

So all thats left is the Motherboard, the CPU or the power outlet.

I really dont think its the power outlet because my 2 monitors and a desk lamp always stay on...
If I had the money I would just buy a new Motherboard / CPU but I am not sure if it is the real problem here...

If anyone knows what could help me I would be very happy if you comment! :)
Thanks for reading all this! :)

Specs:

• CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT -COOLING NZXT Kraken X53 / 240mm
  • GPU XFX Merc 319 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
  • RAM 32GB (2x (2x 8192MB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16-16-16-36 Dual Kit)
  • MB Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 (BIOS F14e)
  • old PSU CoolerMaster V750 Gold V2 / 750 Watt 80+ Gold / Full-Modular
  • new PSU be quiet! Straight Power 11 / 850 Watt 80+ Gold / Full-Modular

-M2 SSD WD_Black SN750 NVMe - Windows 10 installed
-Sata SSD Crucial MX500 1TB - Games and stuff

27 minutes ago, AgentF03 said:

RAM 32GB (2x (2x 8192MB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16-16-16-36 Dual Kit)

pull all the ram out and run it with a single stick alone in the machine , try each stick by itself. see if it stabilizes that way.

memtest only really tells you the memory passed a test when a test was running. mem test doesn't tell you if the memory had a problem when the system actually loads it in the manner at which you use it. or even worse the memory could be tested and be 100% fine but the way the BOARD actually handles the memory could be broken in some way that doesn't get tested.

16 minutes ago, emosun said:

pull all the ram out and run it with a single stick alone in the machine , try each stick by itself. see if it stabilizes that way.

memtest only really tells you the memory passed a test when a test was running. mem test doesn't tell you if the memory had a problem when the system actually loads it in the manner at which you use it. or even worse the memory could be tested and be 100% fine but the way the BOARD actually handles the memory could be broken in some way that doesn't get tested.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I will test it that way then and hope to see if maybe one of the sticks is faulty or maybe just the RAM isnt compatible with the CPU / MOBO (what it should be 😕 )

I know that might sound weird, but I think its probably the PSU.

Had the exact same psu, exact same "error".

So it's possible your other psu had similar issues... i do remember it well because it was kinda funny,  a windows error that basically tells you what the issue is ...

I would try corsair rmx (750w i guess) just because they seem really stable, i have a rmi (650w) and no issues with a 3070.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I know that might sound weird, but I think its probably the PSU.

Had the exact same psu, exact same "error".

So it's possible your other psu had similar issues... i do remember it well because it was kinda funny,  a windows error that basically tells you what the issue is ...

I would try corsair rmx (750w i guess) just because they seem really stable, i have a rmi (650w) and no issues with a 3070.

Thanks for your replay!

I am not sure if it is the PSU because I already changed it! I had a 750W CoolerMaster PSU and had the problem with the restarts and then switched to the ne quiet! one and still have the restarts! 😕

What I found out is, that maybe the Mobo only supports RAM with up to 3200MHz.

So right now I'm running the system with 3200MHz Ram, maybe that will fix it! ':D

Anyways thanks for responding, I will keep you updated! 🙂

9 minutes ago, AgentF03 said:

I am not sure if it is the PSU because I already changed it!

yeah, I know, which is why I said you might find it weird - but imo its likely,  as it doesn't really matter what brand/ model, rather the combination of all parts, or its just defective units, who knows. 

As for the RAM, yeah, thats possible,  although usually mobo manufacturers say 3200"+" u might want to check that, but however,  there is no guarantee it will work.

9 minutes ago, AgentF03 said:

Anyways thanks for responding, I will keep you updated! 🙂

👍

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 10/25/2021 at 3:56 PM, Mark Kaine said:

👍

So in the end all I did was setting the RAM to 3200MHz instead of 3600MHz....
After "Eren Ilhan" gave me a tip I found out that the RAM I have is not compatible with my mobo at a certain frequency...

BUT at least the reboots are gone now!!! :)

Thanks for helping out! 

Nice, you're welcome 👍

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Brother I had exactly same issue<
I also tried new ssd, new psu, repasting cpu, repasting gpu, nothing worked

but just removing RAM and reinstalling stopped it for like 3 months, after that it happened again so I did that again, and its been 4 months and no issue so far. 

I think the issue is my GPU has no back plate and exact back of my GPU chip is very near to RAM, and my RAM gets heated, I don't know for sure, but pulling Ram out cooling it for a bit and reinstalling it solved mine.