Trying to daisy chain, but monitors mirror

RockSolid1106
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
3 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Doesn't seem to be the case here. I tried the setup with my dad's HP Elitebook Dragonfly max and it worked perfect. Though, I used Thunderbolt here. So Laptop to monitor 1 via thunderbolt and then M1 to m2 via DP.

It's an old i5-3570 iGPU. I'm doubting the DP version here, which I suppose should be at least 1.2 to be able to do daisy chaining.

The PC is an HP Compaq Elite 8300(NOT an all In one). I've tried looking up the specs but couldnt get the DP version on this one.

Unfortunately Intel 3000 series processor integrated graphics do not support MST.

Alright. I've got two HP E24d G4's with me. Both have a DP in and a DP out, which I understand means the two support daisy chaining. But, when I connect a DP cable from the PC to one monitor, then another from this one to the next(keeping in mind not to mix up in and out), the two just mirror. Windows Settings does not recognize the second monitor at all.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.72089a997add954ac7f057ab79b64c96.png

I'm not sure how to check if my version of Display Port on the PC supports daisy chaining, but it shows a D++ symbol beside the port.

So how do I extend my desktop to the other monitor instead of mirroring?

Thanks!

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

2 minutes ago, whispous said:

Are you sure it's in and out and not two ins?

Yup, the ports are clearly mentioned as IN and OUT.

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

VPN Server Guide

5 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

I'm not sure how to check if my version of Display Port on the PC supports daisy chaining, but it shows a D++ symbol beside the port.

So how do I extend my desktop to the other monitor instead of mirroring?

Thanks!

It just depends on the GPU that the computer is equipped with.

35 minutes ago, IPD said:

Just because it's "out" doesn't mean "distinct".  "Out" probably is just a signal pass-through/duplication; not distinct.

Can't say I've ever seen that be the case. I don't think that's the issue here. DP out ports are for MST.

2 hours ago, IPD said:

Just because it's "out" doesn't mean "distinct".  "Out" probably is just a signal pass-through/duplication; not distinct.

Doesn't seem to be the case here. I tried the setup with my dad's HP Elitebook Dragonfly max and it worked perfect. Though, I used Thunderbolt here. So Laptop to monitor 1 via thunderbolt and then M1 to m2 via DP.

1 hour ago, Glenwing said:

It just depends on the GPU that the computer is equipped with.

It's an old i5-3570 iGPU. I'm doubting the DP version here, which I suppose should be at least 1.2 to be able to do daisy chaining.

The PC is an HP Compaq Elite 8300(NOT an all In one). I've tried looking up the specs but couldnt get the DP version on this one.

Edited by RockSolid1106

^

VPN Server Guide

3 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Unfortunately Intel 3000 series processor integrated graphics do not support MST.