Secretlab quality problems?

Squeebus

So I bought my secret lab chair last month. When it arrived one of the pre-installed M8s on the seat back was crossthreaded all the way to the head of the bolt. I couldnt even get it out for a WHILE. I spent several hours trying to get the bolt out and its just stuffed completely. Bottom 1/4 has no threads left and is marred to hell. I contacted their support and its been a joke. They FINALLY emailed me for the first time 13 days ago asking for serial number and stuff. I provided all the information, and have no heard back from them since........ I paid $400 for a chair (which is insane if you ask me) and then this is the customer service I get? How can I get them to warranty their seat back item so I can actually use the dang thing?

Im a disgruntled old man. 

11400F/4070 32gb ram, 1000w PSU, X63 AIO, windows 10, B560 mobo

2 hours ago, IAmNotASmartMan said:

I had very negative experiences with them to the point I eventually left a true but negative review on TrustPilot, which seems reasonable to do as an unhappy consumer. They made TrustPilot take it down. I never got my chair fixed and things only got worse over time. Have you looked into consumer protection guidelines for your country? Your payment method might also offer some support in disputes, worth looking into.

You might find your next step is to write an official complaint, sometimes that alone can get companies to jump into action, fingers crossed for you.

welp I was afraid of responses like this.... within an hour of delivery I was all up in their DMs about the issue and it was going to be "marked urgent for supervisor". Load of bologna if you ask me. I did that Katapult payment option thing for a lil credit booster on something I was going to buy anyway and im quite honestly upset about it. 

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them. All I can say is that I've bought two chairs from them (one 4-5 years ago, one last year) and didn't have any major issues with quality or assembly. They ARE good chairs if they arrive undamaged. As for paying $400 for a chair, it's not that insane for those who are in it all day, every day. In fact many on this forum have discussed spending $1000+ on chairs. I went from replacing a $100-125 chair every 1.5 years to buying the $400ish Titan and having my first one last 4 years without a problem aside from some accumulated dirt/wear on the SoftWeave given how much I used it over that time (but the foam seat is still plenty comfortable, compared to the $100 chair needing to be thrown out due to being uncomfortable after about a year).

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

On 10/20/2021 at 8:29 PM, Squeebus said:

So I bought my secret lab chair last month. When it arrived one of the pre-installed M8s on the seat back was crossthreaded all the way to the head of the bolt. I couldnt even get it out for a WHILE. I spent several hours trying to get the bolt out and its just stuffed completely. Bottom 1/4 has no threads left and is marred to hell. I contacted their support and its been a joke. They FINALLY emailed me for the first time 13 days ago asking for serial number and stuff. I provided all the information, and have no heard back from them since........ I paid $400 for a chair (which is insane if you ask me) and then this is the customer service I get? How can I get them to warranty their seat back item so I can actually use the dang thing?

Is it the newest 2022 model chair?

I can imagine their brand new changes may have caused brand new quality issues.

My chair from like 2018 is doing well and had no defects.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

On 10/23/2021 at 9:24 PM, Daethz said:

Its the 2020 one 

On 10/22/2021 at 6:59 AM, varrys said:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them. All I can say is that I've bought two chairs from them (one 4-5 years ago, one last year) and didn't have any major issues with quality or assembly. They ARE good chairs if they arrive undamaged. As for paying $400 for a chair, it's not that insane for those who are in it all day, every day. In fact many on this forum have discussed spending $1000+ on chairs. I went from replacing a $100-125 chair every 1.5 years to buying the $400ish Titan and having my first one last 4 years without a problem aside from some accumulated dirt/wear on the SoftWeave given how much I used it over that time (but the foam seat is still plenty comfortable, compared to the $100 chair needing to be thrown out due to being uncomfortable after about a year).

Well I did that "post a picture to extend your warranty" thing but explained how my chair came with the stripped bolt I couldn't get out and the next day they emailed me and said they will send a new back. Should be here any day now. It's a nice chair, don't get me wrong. And I game for several hours a day - at least 4 a day. I had a technisport and that thing lasted 8 months and was broken as hell. Kinda why i sprung the 400 - which given the cost of materials and stuff, is steep. If they calmed down the packaging they could save themselves some money. One of the dudes I play with has one of those "ergonomic" chairs and it was $2300 and looks like a basic office chair from a call center somewhere. $1.60 in plastic shouldn't be a 4 digit chair by any means 

On 10/23/2021 at 9:24 PM, Daethz said:

It's the 2020 Omega Astralis edition - came in a really nice box and everything. Had high hopes lol 

My Secretlab chair came in a box, I'd assembled it myself and have had no such issue, so far so good I'd say.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2