Hot Take maybe? To print color or not

Jtalk4456

I used to be a big fan of the hp officejet for a printer. All the printer companies seem to suck in one way or another, but the officejets seemed to last 2 years or so without crapping out totally, and they were built well enough that my kids didn't immediately break it. But after two officejets dying almost perfectly 2 years in, and realizing how little I use color ink (basically never) I've come to the conclusion that I want a black and white laser. It will cost more up front but save a ton long term with many of them lasting 2 or more times as long if you get a decent one. I know a lot of people don't even have printers at home anymore, but I do print enough to make it worth it. I'm guessing that getting a solid laser for B&W and just hitting a local print shop when I need a color print will be a lot cheaper long term. Of those of us who still use a printer at home, is this what you've done? Am I late to the trend or do most people still use inkjets? Does it seem like a good idea or does anyone have advice on this. I'm so tired of buying new printers and want my next printer to last a long time. Any suggestions on lasers? I don't need scan bed or anything fancy, just the ability to print a page when I need it.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

B&W laser is a good solution, imho.  Still have a Brother that's been chugging along for years.

2 hours ago, IPD said:

B&W laser is a good solution, imho.  Still have a Brother that's been chugging along for years.

what model do you have?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Just now, IPD said:
HLL2315DW

i think....?

cool thanks for the info!