Ethernet Cable Unplugged

Vilacom

Alright so I'm just having a really bad day

I updated the BIOS of my motherboard this morning which fixed the issue I had where my memory wouldnt run at its advertised speed of 3600 mhz.

Ever since I updated the BIOS my ethernet port says "cable unplugged' even when I have a cable in there, the LEDs on the ethernet port dont illuminate at all.  I have tried updating/deleting and reinstalling the drivers, ive tried playing with the speed/duplex settings, a DNS flush in the cmd window, and a hard reboot with the ethernet disabled, switching the cables, and a full reinstall of windows as ASUS's suggestion.  

Likely the next step is an RMA but I would really prefer not to have to do so as disassembling the PC is not something I feel capable of doing nor do I particularly want to have to pay microcenter to assemble it for me a second time.  I'm really hoping someone can think of something I havn't.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can offer me 

2 hours ago, Vilacom said:

Alright so I'm just having a really bad day

I updated the BIOS of my motherboard this morning which fixed the issue I had where my memory wouldnt run at its advertised speed of 3600 mhz.

Ever since I updated the BIOS my ethernet port says "cable unplugged' even when I have a cable in there, the LEDs on the ethernet port dont illuminate at all.  I have tried updating/deleting and reinstalling the drivers, ive tried playing with the speed/duplex settings, a DNS flush in the cmd window, and a hard reboot with the ethernet disabled, switching the cables, and a full reinstall of windows as ASUS's suggestion.  

Likely the next step is an RMA but I would really prefer not to have to do so as disassembling the PC is not something I feel capable of doing nor do I particularly want to have to pay microcenter to assemble it for me a second time.  I'm really hoping someone can think of something I havn't.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can offer me 

I'd try rolling back to an older bios just to see if it starts working again. Then I'd RMA it.