Windows 10 PC Reset is borked.

GodOfKnockers
Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

Linux should just read your Windows drive without anything special, allowing you to backup the files. 

As to the reset breaking - no idea, but it's usually recommended to do a fresh install instead. Don't really have suggestions, could try another reset but I guess that's not even an option since you can't operate it without peripherals.

So today I reset my PC instead of doing a fresh install of the OS. Everything went fine until I tried to login. My Keyboard and Mouse are not responding to anything. I'm on a dual boot system so I have access to the web and the Keyboard and Mouse are working in Linux, but they won't in Windows 10. I learned that as windows boots, it disabled the front AND Rear panel ports on the PC. The OS isn't frozen as it's keeping time perfectly, but It won't connect to the Internet or respond to any device I plug in. I've tried Diagnostics and system repair, and it does nothing. 

I chose to Reset the PC because I'm in the middle of cleaning up files and getting ready to use a backup service, but at the time Windows 10 was having that "Not-so-fresh" feeling: Certain features were becoming slow and sluggish, freezes, etc.

I did a reset so I could restore the OS' "Freshness" and continue on with getting the files ready for backup. The settings I chose for the reset were to keep all personal files and download a copy of windows from the Cloud (Cloud Install).

There is a lot of files that need to be backed up and many of them are for business and financial. A fresh install would wipe it all out. 

So I'm asking you is there any way to fix this installation? Are there any tools I can use from Linux to transfer files from the Windows 10 drive to another?

I really need help on this.

Linux should just read your Windows drive without anything special, allowing you to backup the files. 

As to the reset breaking - no idea, but it's usually recommended to do a fresh install instead. Don't really have suggestions, could try another reset but I guess that's not even an option since you can't operate it without peripherals.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 10/18/2021 at 12:28 PM, Kilrah said:

Thank you.

Edited by GodOfKnockers
Was able to resolve the issue.