Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Router problem

zahinhasan

My router (D-Link DIR-816) is not connecting to the internet (the light indicating "Connected to the internet" is not lit). I have directly connected the main line to my pc and it's working fine. But when I connect to the router its not connecting to the internet. It's starting the wireless bands properly. I have restarted and reset many times and everything I could think of but no luck. Is there anything I'm missing?

Any help is appreciated.

5 hours ago, zahinhasan said:

My router (D-Link DIR-816) is not connecting to the internet (the light indicating "Connected to the internet" is not lit). I have directly connected the main line to my pc and it's working fine. But when I connect to the router its not connecting to the internet. It's starting the wireless bands properly. I have restarted and reset many times and everything I could think of but no luck. Is there anything I'm missing?

Any help is appreciated.

What device is upstream of the DIR-816?

Have you tried a new ethernet cable?

15 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

What device is upstream of the DIR-816?

Have you tried a new ethernet cable?

The ethernet cable is fine. The problem is almost like the router can't "login" in the server using the ID and password.

On 10/18/2021 at 1:51 PM, zahinhasan said:

Any help is appreciated.

What is this "main line" connected to, a box with an ethernet port?  Did your PC just get an IP address and "just work" like when its connected to the router when that was working?

Router: i5-7200U appliance running pfSense WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX (~940Mbit peak) + Ubiquiti nanoHD (OpenWRT)
ISPs: Zen VDSL (66Mbit) + Plusnet VDSL (66Mbit) + Three 5G (~700Mbit during quiet hours, ~500Mbit peak hours)

14 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

What is this "main line" connected to, a box with an ethernet port?  Did your PC just get an IP address and "just work" like when its connected to the router when that was working?

The "main line"(the line came from ISP) is directly connected to my PC nothing in between. This is working fine for now.

No, I signed in with the user name and password manually from the Dial up settings and then work.