bottleneck?

horn pub
Go to solution Solved by Ykcud,
11 minutes ago, horn pub said:

probably not bringing it to a future computer

I would save some of that money and maybe go with a GTX 960 2GB or an RX 550 at the most. The CPU is not the greatest. It can get beaten by ones from from 4 years earlier. than it (if not more).

On the other hand, I do have some systems laying around with a Phenom II X4 840 and a RX 550 2GB and they are often bottlenecked by the GPU. The Phenom II X4 840 is slightly better than your CPU based on some research I just did.

If you really want to stretch your $200 for a GPU, go for a GTX 970 when on eBay goes below $200 (which they do), or bid on one until you win it for that price. But I don't recommend it.

Sup,

I got weak cpu called A8-7500 and I want to upgrade my granny rig

so will an rx 560-80 or 1050-1050ti cause a bottleneck?

Also, if possible I want some suggestions about upgrading (on gpu only) because I'm not going to change my cpu since i am on a budget ($200)

Many thanks!

image.png.ba69acdea4dcf9c78a65bd6154a9e2d2.png

That CPU will probably be the system bottleneck for any recent graphics card. That said, you should get a performance boost with a dedicated card, because while the integrated graphics are better than on Intel, they still aren't great. But the CPU part is even weaker than a 2c/4t Pentium or i3, so don't get anything too expensive for it.

7 minutes ago, Ykcud said:

What is your budget?

around $200

2 minutes ago, horn pub said:

around $200

Do you have any plans to bring the card with you to a future computer? Or would this be the card's forever home?

7 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Do you have any plans to bring the card with you to a future computer? Or would this be the card's forever home?

What are you trying to achieve with the upgrade? I assume you want to play some heavier games right? What games would that be? Since A LOT of more modern games don't even get 30fps any more on that cpu since it's basically the performance of a core 2 quad.

Just now, jaslion said:

What are you trying to achieve with the upgrade? I assume you want to play some heavier games right? What games would that be? Since A LOT of more modern games don't even get 30fps any more on that cpu since it's basically the performance of a core 2 quad.

I only play fh4, league, minecraft, and valorant.

Might play some other titles too but not the newer ones

11 minutes ago, horn pub said:

I would save some of that money and maybe go with a GTX 960 2GB or an RX 550 at the most. The CPU is not the greatest. It can get beaten by ones from from 4 years earlier. than it (if not more).

On the other hand, I do have some systems laying around with a Phenom II X4 840 and a RX 550 2GB and they are often bottlenecked by the GPU. The Phenom II X4 840 is slightly better than your CPU based on some research I just did.

If you really want to stretch your $200 for a GPU, go for a GTX 970 when on eBay goes below $200 (which they do), or bid on one until you win it for that price. But I don't recommend it.

16 minutes ago, horn pub said:

I only play fh4, league, minecraft, and valorant.

Might play some other titles too but not the newer ones

Forza horizon is gonna run like crap wether you have a rx 560 or rtx 3090 in there as it just simply needs more cpu power. Those other 3 are mostly fine on the cpu but don't expect big boi fps numbers or a stutter free experience.

I would just get a decent cheap card from ebay. The gtx 750ti's go for 50$ and would be a great upgrade and basically max out that cpu regardless. Then I would just save up the money and call it a day.

Also what psu do you have (in detail NOT just wattage and efficiency but the model).

33 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Forza horizon is gonna run like crap wether you have a rx 560 or rtx 3090 in there as it just simply needs more cpu power. Those other 3 are mostly fine on the cpu but don't expect big boi fps numbers or a stutter free experience.

I would just get a decent cheap card from ebay. The gtx 750ti's go for 50$ and would be a great upgrade and basically max out that cpu regardless. Then I would just save up the money and call it a day.

Also what psu do you have (in detail NOT just wattage and efficiency but the model).

Where are you finding 750 Tis for $50 USD? I have been watching eBay pricing for a while and have not seen one go to that price in months.

9 minutes ago, Ykcud said:

Where are you finding 750 Tis for $50 USD? I have been watching eBay pricing for a while and have not seen one go to that price in months.

Recommended a friend in the us one 2 days ago? It was a crappy oem one but we found it.

Do make sure to misspell things like gtx750 instead of gtx 750. Or nvidia 750 and all that stuff. It's how I found that one again.

I've been recommending the Quadro K620 to people, as it has performance slightly above the GTX 650, always comes with 2GB of VRAM, is Maxwell based, and has been going for less than $50 used, sometimes as low as $30. It might be a good option in this case.