Anti-follow for Activity Stream

ramava

I use the All Activity stream a lot, but some days, there are some huge bursts of activity on certain posts, often from long lived threads that cover hundreds of pages. For those cases where there's zero chance of me ever participating in those threads, and they're just noise in the stream, is there any change of getting some kind of hide option to keep them showing up in all activity for me?

Probably not a big deal, but seemed like a nice idea for a feature to me.

Not a bad idea but creating a custom activity stream would probably be a better solution. You also won't have to constantly tell it "I'm not interested in this" for every thread you don't want to see.

You can create custom activity streams to tailor to content that you are more likely to be interested in by clicking My Activity Streams and then Create New Stream. You can filter it by what type of content you want to see and can filter it to certain subforums. It won't let you hide individual topics that you aren't interested in, but if you don't select forums you are not interested in then it might cut out a lot of those topics anyway. You can also set it to show Content items only which for Topics (forum posts) will be new topics posted and not include subsequent replies which will also stop you from seeing the same topic you aren't interested in every time a new reply is added.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450