Undervolting Pentium N5000?

Hi guys, I'm trying to use Throttlestop to undervolt my friend's HP 15-BS289WM, but it's not showing the FIVR menu.  Does this processor not support FIVR or is it a BIOS limitation?  Can it be done on this laptop?

Tbh just dont bother, it prob isnt supported

Though if you are looking to increase performance then delete intel dptf processor participant or dynamic tuning (idk which one so dont go willy nilly on this) then do this to yeet power limit

Short tdp limit yeet tutorial to make your cpu boost as much as it wants

download throttlestop, pressing the turn on button, going into the tpl menu, set turbo long, short, and pp0 current to 99999 and shove the sliders all the way to the right, clamp, lock, apply, power limits yeeted

This should allow your cpu to not be power throttled and constantly boost to its max speed so itll be quite abit faster, though these cpus are dogwater so itll prob still lose to my e8400 (4.3), heck said e8400 performs ~2.5x faster than my dads craptop and thats with power limits yeeted, prob just a bloatdows 10 issue so also debloat w10 cause it really bogs down alot of low end systems

24 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Tbh just dont bother, it prob isnt supported

Though if you are looking to increase performance then delete intel dptf processor participant or dynamic tuning (idk which one so dont go willy nilly on this) then do this to yeet power limit

Short tdp limit yeet tutorial to make your cpu boost as much as it wants

download throttlestop, pressing the turn on button, going into the tpl menu, set turbo long, short, and pp0 current to 99999 and shove the sliders all the way to the right, clamp, lock, apply, power limits yeeted

This should allow your cpu to not be power throttled and constantly boost to its max speed so itll be quite abit faster, though these cpus are dogwater so itll prob still lose to my e8400 (4.3), heck said e8400 performs ~2.5x faster than my dads craptop and thats with power limits yeeted, prob just a bloatdows 10 issue so also debloat w10 cause it really bogs down alot of low end systems

It put down 209 in Cinebench R15, not great, but I've definitely seen worse. My XPS will do 1200 or more in R15 lmao.

31 minutes ago, prayshadow said:

Hi guys, I'm trying to use Throttlestop to undervolt my friend's HP 15-BS289WM, but it's not showing the FIVR menu.  Does this processor not support FIVR or is it a BIOS limitation?  Can it be done on this laptop?

Gemini Lake is not supported for undervolting. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/help-with-throttlestop.287431/post-4619106

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

2 hours ago, prayshadow said:

It put down 209 in Cinebench R15, not great, but I've definitely seen worse. My XPS will do 1200 or more in R15 lmao.

Not bad though still gets its ass whooped by a 13 year old overclocked dual core, e8400 4.3ghz 1.344v scores ~236-237 cb r15 so def pretty slow though for whatever reason everything launches basically instantly and it feels super snappy, maybe its because of the high fsb and some ram tuning, to be fair it is on w7 so obv it whoops that poor pentium cause w7 >>> w10 performance and crapware wise

Lmao your xps is ~5x faster than my whimpy oced e8400 but then again its a 13 year old dual core xD, even stupider is the fact that this e8400 machine is the fastest computer in my house but ah well itll work for some basic tasks

Tbh ultra low end laptop stuff is still pretty garbage so you could prob obliterate most of them with an overclocked dual core from over a decade ago xD, even worse is the fact that they run bloatdows 10 so no f ing wonder why they are slow asf, if you want to improve your experience on a low end laptop then install linux on it

• 8 months later...

Yeah same thing for me on the HP Laptop 14 2033wm too 
uses an intel pentium silver n5030 and cant undervolt
Ive tried the second post here and it brought my temps to 70C - 76C and boosted up to 2.8 GHz 
I tried to game on it and got some throttling here are there which heavily reduced my fps to single digits and brought it back up again
the power usage was not going over 10 Watts on the cpu and the TDP was about 6 Watts the maximum of watts i could've got was 9.9 watts. Sometimes it would go to 10 watts but then it would of throttled hard back to 4 or 3 watts and lower the clock speed to 700Mhz or lower. Please someone tell me if there is a solution to this. Disabling turbo boost would still make it throttle too.
P.S.: Dynamic Tuning Utility or Intel DPTF were not installed as I think they were not compatible with my hardware.

1 hour ago, Choccy Milk said:

pentium silver n5030

Can you post a screenshot of ThrottleStop? Include the TPL window.

These CPUs do not use a FIVR but they still support undervolting. 

6 hours ago, unclewebb said:

Can you post a screenshot of ThrottleStop? Include the TPL window.

These CPUs do not use a FIVR but they still support undervolting. 

image.thumb.png.9c05745c2355229cffcfc0720478ebd1.png

Hello anyone could help me with this issue? Also I monitored my laptop and found out that my TDP was limited to 10 watts and there was some intel dynamic tuning drivers on device manager. I deleted them and made sure they never reinstall themselves back. I have no idea why it was limited to 10 watts and somehow was still throttling but I think that was because of power. If someone knows how to fix this, please tell me I'm trying my hardest to find a solution to get some good temps while gaming, Limiting the processor speed can fix that but would give some bad FPS results after.