First Time Builder Seeking Advice

Zrt223

Budget (including currency): 1600-2000 US Dollars (willing to spend over slightly if necessary)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly gaming for the newer AAA titles, New World, Escape from Tarkov, ECT. Also it will be used down the road for various mechanical engineering programs. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I am in no need of peripherals at the moment. For resolution I have no need for over 3440 x 1440 and preferably a refresh rate of at least 144Hz.

Additionally I already know I want a RTX 3060Ti and I plan on going Intel in 10700K. Preferably dual channel ram 2 8gb sticks, and nvme m.2 ssd (1 tb). If anyone suggests anything different please let me know. I'm just overwhelmed with the variety of parts making it difficult to process choices. 

Sorry to make this long but a thorough question is better. Most importantly however is that this is future proof to an extent, and a thanks to anyone that gives the time to respond. Happy Gaming!

Additional info: I am aware of supply and demand I can wait for prices to decrease and bargain hunt, mostly looking for a build that I'm satisfied with to start the ordering or parts instead of constantly replacing and changing as I learn more. Thanks again!

So far it seems like you have a good starting point for a PC. Just make sure you get a Z-series motherboard to fully utilize the 10700K, as that is an overclockable chip. If you don't intend on overclocking, then IMO you could "downgrade" to a regular 10700 and save some money with whatever the step-down motherboard compared to a Z motherboard is. I don't remember all of Intel's motherboard specifications as I have used AMD for a few years, I just remember that Z was the top of the line, more or less.

5600X is better for gaming while being cheaper, So consider it.

Also new intel lineup coming soon and you'll be 2 generation behind in a month or so... 

If you are not in a hurry, Try to get GPU when stores restock it, You can get it for normal price and also have a look at 6700XT.

Awesome thanks man. I was just wondering why did you choose amd? I also plan on overclocking down the road (explains why I chose a 10700k). I am going to post my build quickly? Can you let me know any advice (especially the mobo and case). Looking for a cheaper case without fans as I know stock fans are usually poor quality.

First Build.docx

I will take a quick look into AMD 5600x or wait for intel. Thanks for the advice much appreciated!

If anyone has an AMD alternative to this particular intel build that be appreciated, I know I would need to switch out the mobo and psu at least if this is a case. However, I do not know of a good AMD mobo/cpu combination. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Zrt223 said:

I also plan on overclocking down the road

Nah overclocking cpus is long dead, unless you are a serious ocer you wont be getting much gain and you need crap tons of volt to even get a noticable performance diff

It aint the old days where you could expect 50%+ performance gain from ocing

Tbh just buy some cheap b die rams like viper steel 4400mhz cl19 or ripjaws v 3600 cl16 and oc the crap out of them, might even help if you were to make some subzero cooling solution for them like tec cooling but then comes other problems that a first timer would be overwhelmed by (insulaton, fabricating the damn thing, cooling the tec, crap tons of diying and fabricating, etc.) Though you might be interested in this later once you become more familiar with pcs

Okay good to know if that is the case I will probably go AMD, avoid overclocking, maybe revert to intel when newer cpu's are released. Good info wasn't aware of this at first.