ram upgrade for an asus tuf gaming f17

hello, i am looking to upgrade to at least 16 or 32 gb of ram i currently have 8gbs here are my pc specs intel core 15 11260H paired with an rtx 3050ti any info would be helpful oh also it has 3200Mhz ram

32 minutes ago, Comedy2Gamer_official said:

hello, i am looking to upgrade to at least 16 or 32 gb of ram i currently have 8gbs here are my pc specs intel core 15 11260H paired with an rtx 3050ti any info would be helpful oh also it has 3200Mhz ram

Things that might matter:

what is in it right now? Memory types can vary.  
it’s apparently got 2 laptop ram slots.

At least One is likely filled with something. If it’s got 1 8gb stick in it and you want to keep it a duplicate would be preferred (timings likely matter) 

What is on the QVL (not necessary but can make things simpler) 

AEF1267C-0580-4B53-90A5-2697D10323F2.jpeg

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

all i know is that it currently has 1 8gb 3200mhz sodimm don't know much about it as it was suppose to be a temporary solution but ups lost my damn desktop

31 minutes ago, Comedy2Gamer_official said:

all i know is that it currently has 1 8gb 3200mhz sodimm don't know much about it as it was suppose to be a temporary solution but ups lost my damn desktop

If that is what you are going to be using for a while you need to find out.  I don’t remember how much information is available without opening the thing up.  Could be quite a bit though.  Might not have to.  

As far as the missing desktop goes there’s a lot of specifics that makes that a “depends” though.  UPS may not be all that truthful on what they owe on that.  If they send you a check and you cash it that amounts to a completed transaction just as if you signed something and waived rights though.  A third party opinion may be useful unless it’s too late.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:08 PM, Comedy2Gamer_official said:

Did you get a good working RAM kit? I need to upgrade as well. I need a 2X16GB kit under CL22 with 3200 MHZ.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 5:51 AM, DAlfaRomeo said:

Did you get a good working RAM kit? I need to upgrade as well. I need a 2X16GB kit under CL22 with 3200 MHZ.

not yet getting the money will be the issue but my new desktop came so the laptop is gonna be used for when i got to the fams house that's why I bought it I wasn't planning on upgrading until they lost the original pc that was shipped thank god they didnt loose the replacement that they sent so the ram isnt gonna be upgraded.