CPU upgrading help (again)

Kanna

I have yet another question about what CPU to get for my x570 board. I have been looking at the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (3 290kr). The AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (3 290kr) and the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (2 999kr). I'm looking for something that will perform good but also not be too much of a waste, my conclusion was to just get the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X but is that the best option?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I'm looking for something that will perform good

For what use case?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The 5600X is better at gaming but it only has 6 cores, the 3700X\3800X hav 8 cores.  Depending on what you are using either could be the best option.  If it were me, i would get the 5600X, it is newer and I don't do anything that needs more then 6 cores. 

Also the 3700x and 3800x are basically the same CPU very minor difference, so the 3700x would be the better choice between the 2.

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

For what use case?

Gaming, Some rendering (GPU intensive instead I think) and besides that nothing else I can think of

2 minutes ago, Allan B said:

The 5600X is better at gaming but it only has 6 cores, the 3700X\3800X hav 8 cores.  Depending on what you are using either could be the best option.  If it were me, i would get the 5600X, it is newer and I don't do anything that needs more then 6 cores. 

Also the 3700x and 3800x are basically the same CPU very minor difference, so the 3700x would be the better choice between the 2.

Yeah seems like the 5600X is the most logical choice

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

55 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I have yet another question about what CPU to get for my x570 board. I have been looking at the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (3 290kr). The AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (3 290kr) and the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (2 999kr). I'm looking for something that will perform good but also not be too much of a waste, my conclusion was to just get the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X but is that the best option?

I'd say the 5600X is better, a ryzen 5 5600X is about 3300SEK or 3200NOK depending on what store you go with online, retailer

but generally I'd say that I think you'd benefit from the 5600X generally

2 minutes ago, AxS said:

I'd say the 5600X is better, a ryzen 5 5600X is about 3300SEK or 3200NOK depending on what store you go with online, retailer

but generally I'd say that I think you'd benefit from the 5600X generally

Yeah 3 290kr is the cheapest I found it for

Reminder⚠️

If  you go via like Komplett.se they have good pricing (experience myself from the Norwegian one,) So I guess it all just comes down to budget because all of them are pretty good.

Also. Not sure about temps but I don't think the 5600X is an inferno of a chip like the 5800X(what I have.)

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Yeah 3 290kr is the cheapest I found it for

Okay nice, than you could just go for it, I don't know much about availability in Sweden, but I know there here in Norway it's pretty janky from time to time.

5 minutes ago, AxS said:

Okay nice, than you could just go for it, I don't know much about availability in Sweden, but I know there here in Norway it's pretty janky from time to time.

actually looking now, komplett has it for a few kr cheaper but I'm ordering my case from there so why not CPU too lol

Reminder⚠️

15 minutes ago, Kanna said:

actually looking now, komplett has it for a few kr cheaper but I'm ordering my case from there so why not CPU too lol

I mean yeah, it's easier, even if it's a few SEK cheaper, it doesn't really matter when you spend so much anyways