Files saved on Server from WIN7 machine not visible on WIN10 machine

MrHaydenJr
Go to solution Solved by MrHaydenJr,

So to update, we found a work around today, whomever setup the shared folder we needed to access has somehow prevented new computers from being added into the authorized list, but we can copy all the files and upload them to a different folder, now able to be accessed by all....

we also found that the server hosting the files couldn't even see the "missing" files even though it is storing them.... 

We also decided to have a NAS installed separate from the main servers shared folder, just for our local access in our shop, that way no-one who doesn't need to be in there wont have access as it'll be a different IP altogether and in the future we can add devices internally as needed. 

Thanks for the advice Allan B, it got me on the right track when windows explorer started crashing, and then event viewer told me I didn't have permission to view the security tab....

This is a work problem first of all, even though windows 10 is EOL or whatever...

we only have 4 users using windows 10, but the other users don't need access to customers history like I do, So I have been the first one to run into this issue, The problem lies in the fact that on our shared server I cannot see a lot of files that are visible and were just written on Windows 7 machines.  (I have mapped the network drive and have been given full access to the shared drive from the server side) We need to update machines and cant afford to loose customer history data because new machines cant see the older files.... 

I have attempted to view them through command prompt but this doesn't work either, all the files can currently be viewed from other Win7 machines, and files I save from Win10 machine can be seen from Win7 machines... I can see older files from 2016/2017 but I cannot see any recently created files.

(Our files are mostly custom CAD files and programs written for PLC/HMI's, so we can duplicated parts to service machines we have created for custom use cases, so we cannot afford to loose the data, and don't want extra equipment laying around, we already have XP machines to be able to program older machines from the 2000's era as some of the software doesn't play friendly with modern hardware and compatibility mode.)

So far I had verified I have full access,

I have enabled hidden folders to be visible, and unhid all files and folders, 
Enabled Legacy and OMB 1.0 features on my WIN10 machine - (This allowed me to see all the WinXP and WIN7 machines on the network but didn't reveal the missing files)
(SEE THE FILES THAT START WITH JUKI ON THE TWO MACHINES BELOW FOR AN EXAMPLE)

and I'm not sure where to look next for answer, online search just has multiple comments saying view hidden or add user access... 
Any advice would be Helpful. 

comparison.png

On the machine that can only see the files, right click on one and look at the security tab.  Compare the permissions to other files that all the computers can see. 

so after comparing that, i noticed some weird inconsistencies when im supposed to have full access to everything in the folder, i also discovered our server (windows server 2016) cannot see the files either, could this be a setting needed to be adjusted on the windows 7 machines?

So to update, we found a work around today, whomever setup the shared folder we needed to access has somehow prevented new computers from being added into the authorized list, but we can copy all the files and upload them to a different folder, now able to be accessed by all....

we also found that the server hosting the files couldn't even see the "missing" files even though it is storing them.... 

We also decided to have a NAS installed separate from the main servers shared folder, just for our local access in our shop, that way no-one who doesn't need to be in there wont have access as it'll be a different IP altogether and in the future we can add devices internally as needed. 

Thanks for the advice Allan B, it got me on the right track when windows explorer started crashing, and then event viewer told me I didn't have permission to view the security tab....