Whats up with windows defender?..

nelska

I had an issue with antimalware service executable using like 250mb in ram so i set out to fix it and days later it cant be turned off all the way but you can manually turn windows defender off in settings. Which does bring it down to 100mb or so. I also turned firewall protection off completely. But, anyhow. It tends to turn itself back on after a restart or whatever but if you browse for long enough it will eventually get as low as 15mb. I am confused as to why it takes so long tho? Almost 4 or 5 hours to get to that point. It slowly lets go once you turn it off? lol. 

2 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I'll be honest something using 250MB of RAM isn't even on my radar its so little. I wouldn't worry about it.

250mb is 20% ram usage with 16gb. lol. I mean its not but it does use up to like 25% ram sometimes which is dumb and insane. 

2 minutes ago, nelska said:

250mb is 20% ram usage with 16gb. lol. I mean its not but it does use up to like 25% ram sometimes which is dumb and insane. 

That’s not… 

1gb is 250 mb x4 so that’s 1/64 of your ram

2 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

That’s not… 

1gb is 250 mb x4 so that’s 1/64 of your ram

i know. but nobody wants mouse sensitivity software and have it be out ran by antimalware services. lol. 

Untitled34534535.png

19 minutes ago, nelska said:

i know. but nobody wants mouse sensitivity software and have it be out ran by antimalware services. lol. 

-snipped image-

I don't see anything wrong here. You're chillin at 23% RAM usage with that stuff running, and that is normal. 250MB of RAM being used by an antimalware software isn't worrying at all. Just carry on, and let Defender do it's thing.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

3 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

I don't see anything wrong here. You're chillin at 23% RAM usage with that stuff running, and that is normal. 250MB of RAM being used by an antimalware software isn't worrying at all. Just carry on, and let Defender do it's thing.

ive gotten it down to like 16mb with it offed constantly for hours. 

1 minute ago, nelska said:

ive gotten it down to like 16mb with it offed constantly for hours. 

I don't understand what you're aiming for here. What are you gonna do with that 150MB of RAM that it frees up for you? That's something Windows will just gulp down as cache.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

49 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

I don't understand what you're aiming for here. What are you gonna do with that 150MB of RAM that it frees up for you? That's something Windows will just gulp down as cache.

keeping antimalware service executable down keeps my mouse software second to the browser. lil bit sharper but works.