New Kingston SSD detected, but can't use it.

Hello everyone, I've got a problem that I think I shouldn't have, but do. For a few hours now, I've been trying to get my new 480GB Kingston A400 SSD to work on my Windows 10 HP desktop, but even though it detects it (shows up in "Computer Management"), it won't show up in "Disk Management," so I can't configure it for use. The plan is to clone my 1TB HDD to it so I can use this SSD as the new boot drive for the improved speed, the common plan for this sort of thing.

I've tried connecting the wire to a different SATA port (SATA cord isn't the issue, I've used it recently), I've turned and restarted the computer several times, tried disabling, re-enabling, installing and re-installing it in the Manager, and nothing seems to work. I've read several step-by-step articles that all guide me through the same process, and watched a few different YouTube videos as well.

Any help would be much appreciated and I thank anyone who tries to help, in advance. I'll do my best to provide more information if it's needed.

Can you see it with DiskPart?

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

3 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

Can you see it with DiskPart?

😞 No, unfortunately not. Just re-checked, too.

If diskpart / partition manager doesn't show, it is most likely a BIOS setting preventing this connection.

5 hours ago, MKI said:

If diskpart / partition manager doesn't show, it is most likely a BIOS setting preventing this connection.

Any recommendations as to where I should check? I've taken a peek around and there isn't anything obvious, to me (got this PC mid-August, haven't changed any BIOS settings myself).

IMG_20211007_041518202.jpg

2 hours ago, hombredemuchosnombres said:

Any recommendations as to where I should check? I've taken a peek around and there isn't anything obvious, to me (got this PC mid-August, haven't changed any BIOS settings myself).

IMG_20211007_041518202.jpg

It does appear, but I don't see options for really changing anything but the Boot Order.

IMG_20211007_070003060.jpg

Bump. I've even messaged the guy that sold it to me (who also sold me my computer, which I've had no issues with besides this) and asked him for advice, but he hasn't gotten back to me.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:16 AM, hombredemuchosnombres said:

Bump. I've even messaged the guy that sold it to me (who also sold me my computer, which I've had no issues with besides this) and asked him for advice, but he hasn't gotten back to me.

I think you have to inizialize it within windows partition manager.

Have you really scrolled down all the way?