Need Help with OBS, stuttering/lagging, Gameplay isnt.

Hi y'all, I've been trying to get OBS to work on my pc for a while, and looked online a bunch to fix OBS, so it wouldn't stutter, lag or freeze, (Gameplay is fine but slower No stuttering etc). I have no idea where to start. I would at least like to know if i can have it not stutter on low settings or something. That way I can actually use it.

Not really tech savvy but this is all i know about my PC if this helps:

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.60 GHz

AMD Radeon(™) RX Vega 11 Graphics

HP 8433 Motherboard Version 11

12 GB Ram

If yall need more info i can try to get it for yall.

Need more info. What games, what resolution, what streaming settings? With config where you have both game and encoding on CPU, includingviGPU, you are bound to have some part of equation having performance issues. In order to provide advice, it
would be nice to know what you have already done.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Need more info. What games, what resolution, what streaming settings? With config where you have both game and encoding on CPU, includingviGPU, you are bound to have some part of equation having performance issues. In order to provide advice, it
would be nice to know what you have already done.

You also helped me with out you even trying, when i was trying to find out resolution for my monitor i realized i was using my old monitors resolution (1920 x 1080). When I loaded up rainbow with OBS running it told me on OBS that their was a problem with encoding. I was doing a benchmark test at the same time, and it wouldn't load the test results at the end. It did say vram overload.

Answering your questions hopefully:

I've Tried Rainbow Six Siege, Geometry Dash, Halo MCC, multiple .io games.

Display resolution: 3840 x 2160 (after I fixed the problem).

idk about streaming settings

Encoding was set to x264 (when i did the benchmark), but i changed it to H264/AVC Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework)

I'm very confused on what you mean when you said the, "With config...includingviGPU" sentence.

Most of the OBS settings i have been using are from recommendations off of YouTube videos. 

Like I said not very tech savvy, but thank you. :).

2 hours ago, DonutGhost said:

You also helped me with out you even trying, when i was trying to find out resolution for my monitor i realized i was using my old monitors resolution (1920 x 1080). When I loaded up rainbow with OBS running it told me on OBS that their was a problem with encoding. I was doing a benchmark test at the same time, and it wouldn't load the test results at the end. It did say vram overload.

Answering your questions hopefully:

I've Tried Rainbow Six Siege, Geometry Dash, Halo MCC, multiple .io games.

Display resolution: 3840 x 2160 (after I fixed the problem).

idk about streaming settings

Encoding was set to x264 (when i did the benchmark), but i changed it to H264/AVC Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework)

I'm very confused on what you mean when you said the, "With config...includingviGPU" sentence.

Most of the OBS settings i have been using are from recommendations off of YouTube videos. 

Like I said not very tech savvy, but thank you. :).

Your PCs hardware is not very powerful. That's pretty much gist here. Seems like OBS is trying to use AMDs equivalent to NVENC. But I've heard it's not that good, so that's something to tweak with.

What kind of performance you get from the game? In fps. How much CPU/GPU usage does it take with just game running? This sets baseline telling if its even worth trying to stream without lowering game settings.

As for OBS, settings I'm asking about are on Stream and Video tabs. Output resolution, bitrate, fps  being the main ones. Other settings are usually fine left to defaults, for testing.

If you haven't tried yet, do test stream/recording with most basic settings possible. Output resolution to 720p, 2500kbps as bitrate and 30fps. Monies your game performance, OBS performance (CPU usage and dropped frames counter), CPU/GPU usage and end result. Based on those results, if everything thing is fine, you can start increasing everything until hardware just can't comfortably run things. You can use this as guideline for basic settings https://stream.twitch.tv/

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv