Custom PC maker design resources?

leasoncre

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find the tools and resources used to create/design a PC like LTT's Desk PC? (I'm not building a desk pc myself, but this thread can be a resource for all future makers/designers. I'm interesting in making a 'wall pc' from scratch myself)

-Design software, schematics and dimensions (resources/communities)?: (problem with LTT video descriptions is they include product parts list, but not links to design schematics or recommended communities/resources)

Recommended software? (available free software?)

Mobo screw-layout/dimensions/mounting (layout)

PCIe bracket dimensions, custom mounting solutions

ATX Power Supply dimensions and mounting

Etc..

-Recommended pre-fab Hardware or manufactures?:

Things that are best bought and not made (not counting core components, mainly securing hardware/brackets/cabling/etc for custom mounting)

-Recommended outsourced custom part printers/makers/materials/companies? and (while this will change over time) recommended home 3d printing machines and materials.

(i'm not planning on getting a 3d printer myself, but others may)

-Anything else that will help

Thank you.

If this is already posted on the forum somewhere, please send a link, search was not helpful 😕

A lot of stuff you mentioned like PCIe bracket spacing, cooler mounting, and ATX screw layouts are easily available standards. So dimensions and layouts are just searched up on your search engine of choice. Same goes for models when they're available, but they aren't usually available, in which case you either use a stand-in (e.g. use an existing motherboard model that isn't the motherboard you have, but is the right size) or grab dimensions with a tape measure/calipers depending on how accurate it needs to be and model it yourself.

Software is your 3D modelling software of choice. There are at least a dozen choices that are good enough for modeling this kind of thing. I've personally used TinkerCAD, FreeCAD, Fusion 360 (this is the one you'll see in LTT videos), and Blender before, and all of them could do the design work required for a desk PC with varying degrees of ease.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

-> Moved to Cases and Mods

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv