Random Windows Shutdown with Unknown Cause

RaashDE

Hi all,

in the last two weeks I have been getting more and more often random shutdowns, sometimes reboots on my desktop pc.

When that happens, Windows behaves just like if I press Shutdown in the start menu. Sometimes this happens after a few minutes, sometimes after hours, during idle as well as with workload.

Since today the pc doesn't even stay on long enough to take a picture of the event log. I remember seeing Code 41 - Kernel Power and a few more.

Plugged in to the PC is nothing really relevant, the MX Master Dongle, a USB Fingerprint Reader, Audio and Display. Unplugging doesn't help.

My next step will be to boot a Linux live USB and see if that shuts down too, maybe it's a Windows problem.

Second step would be to change out the power supply since it is now around seven years old.

Processor has been overclocked, but I reset the BIOS already. BIOS and Windows are fully updated.

Specs:

Intel Core i7-4770K

Asus Maximus VII Ranger

32GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980ti

beQuiet 550W PSU

I hope anyone has some hints for me to fix the problem. Thanks in advance.

Addition: I managed to take a picture of the Event Log, it is in German tho. You can see two random shutdowns.EventLog.thumb.PNG.17bc0a7df00c963ab0c5033f101ec275.PNG

How would I do that? Thats why I want to exchange it in step two