Retrieve data off old Fire Phone

Hi all,

I have an old Fire Phone from launch (you may laugh). A year or 2 after I got it, I left it out in the rain. Haven't bothered since to try and fix it or anything, considering it won't turn on and it was left out over night in the rain (I can't believe I could even do something like this). Anyway, just for fun I thought I'd try to retrieve the data off of it to see my cringey photos from 2014. I already own phone repair kit with the relevant screw bits and everything. Again, I'm sure this is a total wash if the mobo is fried, and I don't really know how storage works on a mobile device. I've tried connecting it to my PC with USB and it's not reading anything. Replacement batteries are only like 10 bucks on Ebay. Any thoughts? Thanks for any help you can give. 

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

If you can't get it to power on, you're going to be in potentially way over your head in what comes next. It'll involve desoldering the flash chip on to either another working Fire Phone board (and hoping that's enough to let it be read) or custom building some type of PCB that'll allow you to read it. 

Honestly just thinking about it I know I wouldn't bother (assuming it will not power on). 

On 9/30/2021 at 7:21 PM, rickeo said:

If you can't get it to power on, you're going to be in potentially way over your head in what comes next. It'll involve desoldering the flash chip on to either another working Fire Phone board (and hoping that's enough to let it be read) or custom building some type of PCB that'll allow you to read it. 

Honestly just thinking about it I know I wouldn't bother (assuming it will not power on). 

I totally forgot I uploaded everything to Amazon Photos and found everything! You're right, I think it wouldn't be worth it. Thankfully all worked out

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC