Swapping 3'5" inch drives

KRISTECH93

So i decided to finally swap out my old hardrives in my system, for new ones. (and before anyone says anything I know mechanical drives are becoming old and obsolete but I got 4TB for around 160 bucs give or take)

I also bught an external dock to be able to transfer everything from the old drives tio the new.

My question, is it best to install the new drives in the case BEFORE tranferring my files to them (using the old ones in the dock), or is it safe to transfer everything to them BEFORE installing them in the case (using the new ones in the dock)?

19 minutes ago, KRISTECH93 said:

I also bught an external dock to be able to transfer everything from the old drives tio the new.

Or you couldve just keep the old drive plugged in, plug in the new one, clone it that way and then unplug the old one? I dont know, just a food for thought.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Hi,

there is no risk involved unplugging HDDs when the system is turned off properly. Just be careful handeling them so you dont drop things like Linus does.

🙂

🥦🥦