PC taking long time to post

khush

Hii

My pc is taking very long to boot than the usual time. It even has an NVME ssd but still takes like 1 minute to get the motherboard manufacturer logo screen.

I don't know if it has to do something with the issue, but 2 months ago I accidently jumped the CMOS reset pins while the system was still getting power from the wall socket. It started that time but

there was no output on the display. But after I started it again it started just normally for two months.

Now also its working but its taking so long to get the post screen. Plz help

Thanks in advance!! 

5 minutes ago, khush said:

I accidently jumped the CMOS reset pins while the system was still getting power from the wall socket.

Doubt it. I had a motherboard that the only way you could get it to POST was by doing that. 

What are the specs of your system? Your motherboard model specifically would be the most useful. If it has BIOS flashback, make sure the button isn't being pressed, since that can cause it to take forever to POST (Kyle from BitWit has an issue like that a few months ago for reference)

14 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Doubt it. I had a motherboard that the only way you could get it to POST was by doing that. 

What are the specs of your system? Your motherboard model specifically would be the most useful. If it has BIOS flashback, make sure the button isn't being pressed, since that can cause it to take forever to POST (Kyle from BitWit has an issue like that a few months ago for reference)

My specs-
Mobo-Gigabyte B460M Gaming HD
CPU-Intel core i3 10100f
GPU-Colorful GTX1650S
RAM-XPG Adata gammix D30 8gb X 2
Storage-Gigabyte NVME 512gb(200 free)
PSU-Antec B550 80 plus bronze, around 9 months running.  

No the board doesn't have a bios flashback as long as I know.Its from budget segment.

The pc is just taking long to post and get the GIGABYTE screen. Rest all is working fine.

Thank you in advance.