Graphics card crashes when playing only ark survival evolved

Soultaker24

Hi there I'm haveing issues with my graphics card lately where if I'm playing ark the graphics card crashes and I have to reset my entire pc but it boots back perfect I've tried runing other games like rust mist survival and medieval dynasty with no issues at all I've run tests with 3dmark and it always passes and won't crash I fresh wiped the drivers for the gpu  and reinstalled the drivers it seemed to work out fine but after about 2 hours of playing it did it again any one have any ideas or should I just buy a new gpu?

I'm running 32g of ddr4 a msi b450 gaming pro carbon max wifi ryzen 2400g cooler master closed water cooler I believe 650 or 700 watt power supply with 80 gold rating and a evga gtx 670 4g

On 9/25/2021 at 4:06 AM, YoungBlade said:

What are your full system specs? Graphics card, CPU, RAM, motherboard, and power supply.

Here my bad

On 9/25/2021 at 9:49 PM, Soultaker24 said:

I'm running 32g of ddr4 a msi b450 gaming pro carbon max wifi ryzen 2400g cooler master closed water cooler I believe 650 or 700 watt power supply with 80 gold rating and a evga gtx 670 4g

With 32GB of RAM, you're certainly not crashing because the game uses too much system memory. With a 650W+ PSU, you should have plenty of headroom for a GTX 670. The 4GB of VRAM should be okay, but what is your usage there? Also, what are your temps on the CPU and GPU in game?

You can use the OSD in Afterburner or another program like HWInfo64 to see those.

4 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

With 32GB of RAM, you're certainly not crashing because the game uses too much system memory. With a 650W+ PSU, you should have plenty of headroom for a GTX 670. The 4GB of VRAM should be okay, but what is your usage there? Also, what are your temps on the CPU and GPU in game?

You can use the OSD in Afterburner or another program like HWInfo64 to see those.

K I'll run them tests tomorrow after work but I know that my cup never hits over 60 the system is water cooled with a cooler master and I use msi dragon center to monitor my heat lvls along with my phentek case having the option to change my led lights on the out side with the rize in cpu temp so that's completely monitored but the gpu Temps I have zero idea

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

So I have no idea what this tells me

16329917320967351798889817289086.jpg

You want to look at the Sensors. You can either check that box at program startup or, in the window behind that one, click on the Sensors button with the thermometer on it.

Also, by chance, is ARK on the 500GB hard drive? It has that red X next to it. I'm not sure what it means, but it could be something to look at.

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

You want to look at the Sensors. You can either check that box at program startup or, in the window behind that one, click on the Sensors button with the thermometer on it.

Also, by chance, is ARK on the 500GB hard drive? It has that red X next to it. I'm not sure what it means, but it could be something to look at.

No no arks on my second ssd drive the red x is a had drive that's not working clearly but that's fine its empty anyways so I need to use this location to test if the drive is over heating when playing ark

1632998082949936571767228660538.jpg

You can use that screen to see what temps your GPU is reaching, yes. If you have a second monitor, I'd leave it up there to monitor in real time. Otherwise, you'll have to tab out of the game after a few minutes to see what the temps are

9 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

You can use that screen to see what temps your GPU is reaching, yes. If you have a second monitor, I'd leave it up there to monitor in real time. Otherwise, you'll have to tab out of the game after a few minutes to see what the temps are

Yah I use a dule monitor set up so I can definitely see it in real time I will run the game after work since I only have about 20 minutes till I have to leave and it could take an hour before it messes up