Overheating issues help!

LittleCham

Help, I am having a problem with my computer where the temperature was very high. The temp was 97 Celsius. My friend is convinced that I have a RAT/Worm. I don't know why I would be targeted though. Anyway here are my specs.

Nzxt H1

ROG Strix B450-I Gaming

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Radeon RX 5500XT

Samsung SSD

What cooler do you have? I feel like the situation is thaat? Has it ever been like this before?

Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

Just now, Mr-G-Man said:

What cooler do you have? I feel like the situation is thaat? Has it ever been like this before?

It has never been like this before. It is the water cooler that came with the case, same with PSU.

3 minutes ago, LittleCham said:

Also This is weird

No, you are using nzxt, would be weird if it wasn't overheating. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

No, you are using nzxt, would be weird if it wasn't overheating. 

Please don't respond if your not going to help.

Ok.. lets start over here. Can you uninstall HWMonitor and uninstall HWInfo? Then post this section while the system is under load? 

image.png.6252bd1474d1294af82df3a2b7959924.png

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

Ok.. lets start over here. Can you uninstall HWMonitor and uninstall HWInfo? Then post this section while the system is under load? 

image.png.6252bd1474d1294af82df3a2b7959924.png

Uninstall HWInfo? I only have HWMonitor. Do you mean install HWInfo? Or what program are you using?

Just now, Masters2150 said:

Have you tried re-seating the cooler with new thermal paste? Maybe NZXT had that unit for a while and they paste dried out.

That could be a slight possibility because when I switched cpu's I never replied it I reused the thermal paste. But that was a few months ago so I don't know why it would just now start to act up. But I will buy some because I was needing to do it.

1 minute ago, Masters2150 said:

Never reuse thermal paste. Is it the cause? Good possibility.

This isn't a software issue like a virus, viruses that cause high usage are crypto miners, so even if they cause high CPU usage, they wouldn't just heat up your CPU beyond whats normal. Cinebench is a hell of alot harder on a CPU than a crypto miner.

If it's the thermal paste, why did it take a few months? No clue, I don't think anyone's ever though of testing re-used thermal paste.

If you're unsure, just goto a computer store and get some paste, its like $10. Of if you're short on cash, get some crappy paste. Hell they may even have a returned cooler with slightly used thermal paste they were just going to throw out and give it to you for free if you tell them what you did 🙂

Alright I will get some thermal paste.

Not saying it's definitely the cause, but knowing that you reused thermal paste, it's probably a good idea to do it anyways.

Also, when you goto change it, let us know if the old paste is all dried out and flaky. If it is, thats you're problem. Thermal paste can get old and dry even in normal circumstances, re-using thermal paste can only make that problem worse.

I will check it now to see if its crusty and if it is just unplug it and wait for new thermal paste

Another quick thing to try if you haven't already, remove any overclock and test.

I don’t think it was overclocked us I reset windows.

4 minutes ago, Masters2150 said:

Overclocking is normally done in the BIOS, so resetting Windows won't reset an overclock.

I actually looked closer at your HWInfo screenshot, you're hitting 95 with little to no CPU usage. If it was a virus, the CPU usage would be like 100%. This really looks like a cooler issue.

Do you have NZXT CAM installed, or something to check the pump RPM? If the pump is busted and no water is being pumped, it would also cause this issue.

I removed cam because it always gave me false temperatures. It was very inaccurate. In the bios it said the pump was like 4000 something though. Oh it looks like its the thermal paste theres like none on here.

image.jpg

39 minutes ago, LittleCham said:

Uninstall HWInfo? I only have HWMonitor. Do you mean install HWInfo? Or what program are you using?

I meant uninstall HWMonitor and install HWInfo, sorry.

9 minutes ago, Masters2150 said:

Holy shit!! How did this last for months just fine?! It's like you're computer had a guardian angel then one day he just said.... fuck it.

*gets the stick*

Now what did you learn? 🙂

Don’t reuse thermal paste. But in my offense linus did it on video multiple times.

2 minutes ago, LittleCham said:

Don’t reuse thermal paste. But in my offense linus did it on video multiple times.

You sweet summer child, do what Linus says, not what he does. You'll live longer.

20 minutes ago, rickeo said:

You sweet summer child, do what Linus says, not what he does. You'll live longer.

Good point lol

On 9/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, Masters2150 said:

Holy shit!! How did this last for months just fine?! It's like you're computer had a guardian angel then one day he just said.... fuck it.

*gets the stick*

Now what did you learn? 🙂

I added thermal paste and its like this it will be fine but then have random spikes. I cant even tell what the temperature is anymore. This software is confusing

FDD7D6A1-D6C4-47A7-BBA9-F3C186CC2F52.jpeg

3610FA90-7462-4067-8496-44C76E803517.jpeg

image.jpg