Personal experience with Zorin OS for gaming?

People who have personal, fairly in depth experience with Zorin OS for gaming, how was it? Easy to set up? Any problems I should know about etc.

I'd like to also know people's favourite Linux Distro and why?

IIRC Zorin is just a spin of Ubuntu, so gaming on it will be just as easy as gaming on Ubuntu.You'll probably have to update the repos to include newer versions of WINE, but it shouldn't be too hard to setup.

Personally, for which distro I use, it depends on what the computer will be used for. For a more general use computer that doesn't need a ton of software, OpenSUSE Tumbleweed is awesome. YaST is an amazing software utility, and the main reason I don't recommend it over Ubuntu for transitioning from Windows is because the software repos are a lot more bare than somewhere like Ubuntu. For a system where I'll be gaming, I want something Arch-based. Garuda is pretty good for this, but can be a bit bloated. Manjaro works as well, but I've always had problems with it. Right now, I'm using Garuda on my spare system and Fedora on my laptop, both of which are awesome for what they're doing. Fedora is rock solid stable, and Gnome is great for 2 in 1 laptops like I have. Garuda has all the software needed for gaming on Linux preinstalled, and since I'm too lazy to get it setup, it works great for this. 

As stated above, ZorinOS is just another version of Ubuntu, so gaming shouldn't be any different. Just keep in mind ZorinOS isn't as up-to-date as Ubuntu is, so you may be missing some cutting-edge features.

For me personally, Linux Mint Mate has been by far the most reliable and intuitive of all the Linux distros I've been using lately. I even daily drive it on my work laptop.

As for gaming, I haven't actually tried it because why would I? I have my Win10 PC for that. If you want the best gaming experience, just go Win10, at least for another year until we see how Steam Deck is really going to affect Linux gaming.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

Hey,

Like @RONOTHAN## I recommend Arch Based distros. 
This is what the steamdeck and steam os runs as well. So you are going to have the best experience using Steam Proton etc on an Arch based system. 

From there you will hear:
 - Normal Arch is hard to install
 - There are 3 main options, Endeavour OS, Arco Linux, or Garuda Linux . That are Arch but easy to install. 
I agree with Ronothan that Garuda seems too bloated. I prefer Endeavour OS and Arco Linux. They are basically exactly the same. 

The whole desktop experience you will have on any linux totally depends on your Desktop Environment though and not the distribution. Like the windows, the way the windows work, settings, UI, themes, everything like that is not the distro but desktop environment. 

There are 2 really big and polished desktop envrionments; Plasma KDE and Gnome. 
Gnome probably works the best and is the most "commercially" polished like windows or mac. 
The other are more customizable and more do it yourself. Sometimes they are very plain and have little features out the box like i3, sway, xfce. 

Overall I would recommend installing ArcoLinux Gnome - https://sourceforge.net/projects/arcolinux-community-editions/files/gnome/arcolinuxb-gnome-v21.09.11-x86_64.iso/download

Because, In arcolinux there is a program that comes with it called "Arco Tweak Tool" , which has a section called "Desktop Environments" and there you can install others to try without reformatting your PC.

Feel free to ask more questions on your journey