need a new gpu

marcuzx

got a 6600xt but i want a 3080 or 3090 for my 12th gen build anyone know a way to get em? newegg shuffle worked once but that’s it. id pay up to 250$ over msrp but that’s it.    i want new! i don’t like these games playing. i aint paying 5x msrp. is this a joke? even those strix imo are way overpriced and should be like 500$ less. what ya suggest i does? i seen some good deals on microcenter watercooled pre builds think its the titsan x or something. ive got another 2 3 months to get one so im not in a hurry but i wanna stream that new cod game. i also aint get the new monitor, currently running 1080p 75hz. i heard that i can only run 75fps on this which is horrible so anyone know any 18-24 inch monitor with 225hz? i have a 28 inch monitor but it’s too big for fps games. so i need some info on getting a new gpu

19 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

got a 6600xt but i want a 3080 or 3090 for my 12th gen build anyone know a way to get em? newegg shuffle worked once but that’s it. id pay up to 250$ over msrp but that’s it.    i want new! i don’t like these games playing. i aint paying 5x msrp. is this a joke? even those strix imo are way overpriced and should be like 500$ less. what ya suggest i does? i seen some good deals on microcenter watercooled pre builds think its the titsan x or something. ive got another 2 3 months to get one so im not in a hurry but i wanna stream that new cod game. i also aint get the new monitor, currently running 1080p 75hz. i heard that i can only run 75fps on this which is horrible so anyone know any 18-24 inch monitor with 225hz? i have a 28 inch monitor but it’s too big for fps games. so i need some info on getting a new gpu

6600XT is more than fine.

You're going to spend an arm and a leg for either the 3080/3090 and a monitor to pair for it.

Regardless of the refreshrate:
Keep rocking the 6600xt if you're going for 1080P, or go for a 3060
If you plan on going 1440P go for the 3060ti/3070/6700XT
If you plan on going 2560P go for the 3080/6800XT
Other than that, keep the 6600XT.

Anything over 120Hz is a waste.
If you want a decent setup, go with monitors like the Samsung G7/G9 and pair them with a 3070/3080 depending on the model of the monitor. Refer above for the resolutions to match with the graphics cards.

As for getting a GPU, you're in the same boat as the rest of us. Wait it out, or pay overage. It's a pretty simple concept.
If you can get into the Newegg Shuffles, congrats. However other companies do things to get the cards to gamers, such as pairing the GPU with a power supply/motherboard of some sort.

Honestly you sound kind of new to the whole PC genre. If you really just want to play and strema the newest Call of Duty without a hitch, I'd look into ABS systems on Newegg, they have pretty decent prebuilts, or you can just grab a PS5 and go from there.

Also your claim about only running 75 FPS is wrong.
You can only see 75 refreshes out of the monitor, but the frames that your GPU can render are infinite - that is depending on if the CPU/Memory/Program doesn't hold it back, and that there are no frame rate caps.

Research into the difference between monitor hertz rate (refresh rate) and GPU framerate.

The Big UwU - Wise Words
1. PSU Wattage =/= PSU Quality
80+ Certification doesn't mean shit.
2. Don't cheap out on the heart of your system.

"B-b-but it was 20$ @ 800w, it was a steal!!" - An idiot with a dead PC.
3. Do not buy for brand, buy for the product.

Every company makes their fair line of garbage.

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)

1 minute ago, Jorban said:

6600XT is more than fine.
You're going to spend an arm and a leg for either the 3080/3090 and a monitor to pair for it.
Keep rocking the 6600xt if you're going for 1080P
If you plan on going 1440P go for the 3070/6700XT
If you plan on going 2560P go for the 3080/6800XT
Other than that, keep the 6600XT.

Also your claim about only running 75 FPS is wrong.
You can only see 75 refreshes out of the monitor, but the frames that your GPU can render are infinite - that is depending on if the CPU/Memory/Program doesn't hold it back, and that there are no frame rate caps.

Research into the difference between monitor hertz rate (refresh rate) and GPU framerate.

i have no idea about that so basically the higher gpu framerate the better? i don’t plan on going over 1080p even if i had a 500$ monitor. i prefer the fps and i honestly prefer the smoothness of 1080p. i might go for 4k but once i can get 150fps. if i was to get a 3080 or 3090 id mine to pay it off. 

1 minute ago, marcuzx said:

i have no idea about that so basically the higher gpu framerate the better? i don’t plan on going over 1080p even if i had a 500$ monitor. i prefer the fps and i honestly prefer the smoothness of 1080p. i might go for 4k but once i can get 150fps. if i was to get a 3080 or 3090 id mine to pay it off. 

Then you do not need a new GPU.
It would be a waste of a GPU/money.

Your CPU will not be able to keep up, and you'd have something that I like to refer to as a Resolution Bottleneck - Where the native resolution of the monitor is essentially holding back the GPU from being able to output a higher quality image.

The Big UwU - Wise Words

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)

Just now, Jorban said:

Then you do not need a new GPU.
It would be a waste of a GPU/money.

then i probably don’t even need a new cpu? think 3700x is fine? i just wanna make sure i’m stable cuz ima be streaming the new cod. it’s stock cooler, runs completely fine, 64gb, could upgrade to unnecessary 128. i don’t wanna be lagging on stream. so far my pc has been amazing but i’ve not streamed yet. i know whatever cpu id get next it would need 50-150$ extra on cooling. 

3 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

then i probably don’t even need a new cpu? think 3700x is fine? i just wanna make sure i’m stable cuz ima be streaming the new cod. it’s stock cooler, runs completely fine, 64gb, could upgrade to unnecessary 128. i don’t wanna be lagging on stream. so far my pc has been amazing but i’ve not streamed yet. i know whatever cpu id get next it would need 50-150$ extra on cooling. 

You're running a stock cooler and 64GB of RAM...
Why?
That's a dumb idea.
Don't even think about upgrading your ram, what you have is already unnecesssary.
You're playing video games on it, the most you'll ever need is 16GB

What is the speed of your memory, and the CAS latency.
Also, get a better cooler, and make sure that PBO is enabled. It will give you much more performance out of your system.

The Big UwU - Wise Words

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)

6 minutes ago, Jorban said:

You're running a stock cooler and 64GB of RAM...
Why?
That's a dumb idea.
Don't even think about upgrading your ram, what you have is already unnecesssary.
You're playing video games on it, the most you'll ever need is 16GB

What is the speed of your memory, and the CAS latency.
Also, get a better cooler, and make sure that PBO is enabled. It will give you much more performance out of your system.

i have 0 idea, i thought wraith was good. my ram is running at cl18 3600mhz

3 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

i have 0 idea, i thought wraith was good. my ram is running at cl18 3600mhz

The speed that you are running your memory at isn't bad, just make sure that it's configured properly in the BIOS.
Still 64GB is overkill. You could have easily budgeted the money that you spent on more ram, for much faster ram, and it would have done you better in the long run for the sake of "Ryzen loves fast memory"

The wraith cooler that comes with the 3700x is good, the problem is that there is better, and the fact that you spent money on 3x the ram that you needed and didn't consider a CPU cooler is mind boggling to me.

However, if you're playing 1080p, look into a 144hz monitor, they're pretty cheap now a days, anything more is pretty much a waste.
Try and run it on DisplayPort if you can.
and when it comes to streaming, just use the GPU's video encoder for OBS and rock that, you won't see any downtime in FPS/stream time.

The Big UwU - Wise Words

Essential Buying Guides:
PSU
CPU Cooler
SSD (Outdated)

14 minutes ago, Jorban said:

The speed that you are running your memory at isn't bad, just make sure that it's configured properly in the BIOS.
Still 64GB is overkill. You could have easily budgeted the money that you spent on more ram, for much faster ram, and it would have done you better in the long run for the sake of "Ryzen loves fast memory"

The wraith cooler that comes with the 3700x is good, the problem is that there is better, and the fact that you spent money on 3x the ram that you needed and didn't consider a CPU cooler is mind boggling to me.

However, if you're playing 1080p, look into a 144hz monitor, they're pretty cheap now a days, anything more is pretty much a waste.
Try and run it on DisplayPort if you can.
and when it comes to streaming, just use the GPU's video encoder for OBS and rock that, you won't see any downtime in FPS/stream time.

i thought ryzen likes fast frequency such as 3600 that’s why i picked cl18 over cl16 3200. i almost got 4200 20 but i thought 20 was too much so i didn’t. if it would’ve  been 19 i would. some tech guy said to aim for 8 cores 64gb so that’s what i did. i didn’t change stock cooler because i thought 65tdp doesn’t need expensive cooler. so if i put aio itd perform better? main reason i got the 3700x was not to spend money on a cpu cooler. and i got a good deal on the memory, it was trident royal on 40% off sale, i couldn’t let that pass by so i got it for 300$. i’ve got a b550a so if i wanted to i could easily upgrade to 5900 or 5950. 

Why not look at a 1440p 144hz monitor that way you can up the resolution to 1440p when plating games that are not as graphically demanding and just play in 1080p when you feel the framerate is not enough at 1440.

I feel your system is well balanced and will not struggle with anything for some time if your happy to run it at 1080p.

1 hour ago, Rameares said:

Why not look at a 1440p 144hz monitor that way you can up the resolution to 1440p when plating games that are not as graphically demanding and just play in 1080p when you feel the framerate is not enough at 1440.

I feel your system is well balanced and will not struggle with anything for some time if your happy to run it at 1080p.

because i had no idea you could do that and does the same go for 4k monitors, can they also play 1080p? all i really wanted was built in speakers with a frameless design for mmos. then once i started playing fps again i just wanted a much smaller screen. i mean yeah id want 1440, 4k on unreal tournament or something but nowadays most games don’t have those unreal engine graphics so it doesn’t interest me too much. i remember playing crysis but unreal was so much smoother. so if more games ran unreal engine id invest in a better monitor but as for now ill wait and see. i’m probably going to get a 4k curved screen once they have something at 150hz or so. so if they made lets say world at war on unreal engine id buy a new monitor but current games that i’m playing aren’t worth it. once i start playing more open world games i’ll definitely upgrade. also most likely going to do a 12900k build because those benchmarks look phenomenal! and im going to be doing lots of video editing and streaming so it’ll probably be worth it. if. hopefully gpu pays off for the system eventually. if we didn’t have mining id stick with 3700x for much longer but since we have mining i can upgrade sooner. hopefully that 12900k don’t idle at high tdp. i guess it’s like vtec or a turbo so it probably won’t until necessary.